On purpose

The entire day I stayed in my room waiting for Kaylee to knock on my door and come get me. I didn't eat, I drank the water on the tap in the bathroom and I locked the door.

Kaylee backstory was - is very wrong but she makes the best of her life. After an abusive relationship she becomes an assassin and then she became a member of the Greek Mafia. She has a little three-year-old son that goes to the same school as my nephew along with Kaylee's friend daughter.  

They were all the best of friends and it was like the three musketeers, I would sometimes see them at Adam's house having a sleepover. I always laugh at how lucky my nephew had it, not one but two girls at his house.

I met Kaylee when I was training at an assassin academy - everyone knew I was in a mafia but once the teacher and staff got their one million per year they didn't really care. At first, Kaylee and I were enemies, and I had a thick Italian accent just to upset her,  but during a training mission we became close and soon we were very close friends. 

I jumped a little when I heard someone banging on my door with power, I didn't need to open the door to know that it was Kayle. 

"Italian, open your damn door!" Kaylee shouted from the other side of the door in a happy cheerful voice. 

I ran to the door and opened it revealing my black haired friend. Her long curly black hair was pulled into a ponytail with loose strands falling into her brown eyes. She smiled brightly at me as she waved, the only difference between the two of us was our skin colour. While Kaylee rocked the ever so trending light skin I rock the caramel. 

"Kaylee, how nice to see you. I thought you had gotten a new phone." I said as I hugged her tightly, she hugged me back and rubbed my hair. 

"I had but somehow I have the same number," Kaylee said, I didn't want to pull away from her. 

She was the only one that didn't want to kill me, make me a mother, betray me and try to seduce me. 

"Where is William?" I asked her as I finally - slowly- pulled away from her, she smiled softly and ruffled my hair. 

"He's with Micah outside. I brought Akiva with me if you don't mind." Kaylee said, I shook my head and waved around the room, gesturing to the house. 

"You and all your friends are welcomed," Kaylee nodded her head and walked into the room. 

I closed the door behind her and watch as she sat on the bed and looked at me. 

"So where do you need to go." She asked as she folded her leg, she leaned on her arm and tilted her body to the side. I bit my lip and started to fiddle with my fingers.

"Okay so here's the thing-" 

"Oh god, what have you done?" Kaylee as with an exaggerated sigh, I took a deep breath and explained everything. 

I told Kaylee about the stunt Alfonso pulled on our honeymoon, how I tried numerous times in which she stopped me and asked: "Why didn't you call me." I replied I wanted him dead not disappearing from the face of the earth. After that, I told her about me getting kidnapped by the Italian mafia because of my dad owing money to them. 

How I turned into the leader's son play toy, I told her my about my first attempt to escape where she told me, "Stupid." I told her about how I awesome my time at the mansion was and how I escaped at the second attempt. 

"Why would you leave if you were having fun?" Kaylee asked when I finished my story, I moved and sat next to her.

"I was scared and I wanted to get home, but remember I thought Alfonso was dead, which made me want to come home even more. But when I realised that he was not indeed dead I wanted to go back to Ryan's place. I want to go back Kaylee and I need your help - you're the only person I know that can sneak me out of here."Kaylee nodded her head. 

"Okay I'll get you out of here but what am I getting?" Kaylee asked, I broth my hand to my neck and started rubbing it. 

"The satisfaction of helping a dear friend." I tried, Kaylee tilted her head and stared at me.

"Babysitting once a week for two years when you're allowed to bring friends over." 

"Once, no, twice a week for one year"

"Twice per week for a year."

Shit.

"Done."