Party?

The ball was for someone Spanish or at least someone mixed with Spanish and that annoyed me; reminded me too much of my unlikely situation. Alfonso was a proud Latino, so was Lance and from what I saw Ryan's wife could be from a Spanish country or she could be mixed. It's so ironic that such a beautiful culture with such beautiful people could mean so much to me and at the same time break me to my knees. 

The party was big, bigger than the last, fancier too. I saw people who knew me from my dad's mafia, they saw me, watched me up and down but wouldn't dare come over to me and talk to me. Too afraid of what Ryan might do to them and their mafia. That is everyone but Kaylee and Melia, my best friends, the two girls pushed the most important people out of the way as they made their way towards me with matching sinister grins. As the girls near me, I saw Kaylee's face change from 'happy that I'm alive' to 'I'm about to kill you'.

Melia and I were close friends, not best friends like Kaylee and I but close enough for me to tell her almost everything. Melia, like everyone that I knew, was a gorgeous woman with beautiful long wavy brown hair and car going green eyes. I opened my mouth to tell Melia something, anything to not hear Kaylee's scolding that I knew was coming.Kaylee expression changed from 'Oh my gosh, she's alive!' joy to 'She cut her hair!' horror but luckily I was already in a conversation with Melia.

Melia and I were talking about everything that was anything just to keep from Kaylee's wrath and from the looks of it Kaylee had a lot to say when our conversation was over. Kaylee had manners, meaning she would wait until my conversation with Melia was over to then start giving me hell about my hair. 

Melia seemed to see my distress in my eyes and kept the conversation going for my benefit. She talked about how big her daughter had gotten, how her boyfriend and she wanted another baby and how bad they wanted it to be a boy. I just stood there and nod with a nervous smile as I tried not to fidget under Kaylee's intense glare. Eventually, Melia ran out of things to say and had to stop her talking with a defeated sigh.

"I was looking to see how long you two were going to carry that on for. And you,"Kaylee pointed a freshly did nail at me or more specifically my hair, "How dare you to cut your hair and think I'm not going to flip shit?" 

I looked at my friend sheepishly before passing my hand through my curly hair. I wanted to say, 'it had to be done, "I was bored." came out instead and Kaylee was furious, worst than furious. I opened my mouth to try to calm her down but my words were cut off by a hand snaking around my waist. By smell alone, I could determine it wasn't Ryan and by seeing I knew it wasn't Tony, the hand was too pale. 

Kaylee and Melia looked at the person wide-eyed but said nothing. I turned and looked at the person behind me with a horrid dread in my stomach. Matthew Ivanon stood next to me with a slight smile on his lips. I now knew why the girls were shocked and I understood. For one Matthew was an assassin and this was a mafia party, then there was the fact that last time Kaylee and Matthew met Matthew he was trying to kill her.

Matthew was my trainer when I was in ACU - Assassin Creation University- and we got very personal on more than one occasion when training together but I made it a mission to not be in a relationship with my teacher. Ignoring the fact that after university Matthew and I couldn't keep our hands to ourselves, one of my many flings. I had enjoyed my time with Matthew but we had to stop due to stupid reasons like our age difference and backgrounds.

"Sonya." was all Matthew said as his hand drifted down my waist to my hips where his fingers fitted perfectly with my hip. Over all my problems it was nice to be with good memories. Matthew was a man of few words and even fewer smiles and laughs but I didn't see him like that when we were together, Matthew talked about everything and he laughed and smile at everything we did, he was sunshine.