💠TWO💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

Luke's sword came down from above as I flung mine out, the two metals colliding with one another. I pushed back against his sword, putting space between the two of us as I took a second to regain my balance. My eyes flickered over to Chiron and Annabeth, who watched from the sidelines in anticipation, while Arrow circled around the two of us, waiting until I called for him to advance.

Luke took another swing at me as I deflected, pushing myself back and twisting my feet into the earth below me.

"No powers!" Chiron called out, noticing what I was about to do. "Weapons only!"

I growled, advancing on Luke and landing a hit to his stomach with the end of my sword. He stumbled back, but regained his balance quickly with a smirk, swiping his sword at my feet. I stumbled backward, his other arm crashing down on mine as he yanked my sword from my hands, one blade placed behind my neck and one pointed at the front as I kneeled on the ground before him.

"Come on, wolf girl, are you really only good with a bow and arrow?" he teased, grinning as he pressed the blade closer to my neck. I smirked at him, amused by the situation. Luke and I had spared far too many times, all ending with his same signature move: trapping me between his swords. Unlucky for him, this time, that's exactly what I wanted him to do.

"Come on, Luke, you know I've got tricks up my sleeve," I bantered back with that same smirk. "πηγαίνετε ψηλά!"

Luke was suddenly knocked away from me, my sword (which was pointed at me neck) dropping from his hands as Arrow was suddenly clutching onto his back, biting lightly into his shoulder. I grabbed my sword, hitting Luke's out of his hand as I whistled for Arrow to jump off. I placed my swords in the same position that Luke previously had them in, smirking down at him as Arrow placed himself at my feet.

"Looks like your signature move failed for once,"

Chiron and Annabeth came running over, smirks on their faces as Luke got off the ground, dusting the dirt from his pants at the same time. I sheathed my sword, tying my hair up into a ponytail as I looked at Chiron.

"I must say, I quite like that new move with Arrow," he complimented, looking down at the wolf. "Having him go high was a perfect distraction, allowing you just enough time to disarm Luke in order to make your move. Well done, Luna."

"Thanks Chiron," I said with a large smile, happy that I had managed to make him proud.

"How do you train that thing so well?" Luke questioned, looking up at me. Arrow growled at him, circling my legs.

I do not like that boy, I never have, I laughed lightly at Arrow's voice in my head, smirking over at Luke.

"It's called respect, Luke. Arrow is not my pet, he is my equal. I treat him as my equal, he does the same to me,"

"That's enough for today," Chiron cut in, diffusing the tension that was slowly arising. "Annabeth and Luke, go get cleaned up in time for dinner. Luna, you and Arrow should go down to the armory, Grover will be there soon with the new demi-god."

"You want him to start training right away?" I questioned as Annabeth and Luke walked away from us.

"He was lucky to defeat the Minotaur without any training, so I would like him trained as quickly as possible."

"I still can't believe a Minotaur attacked him, that's a pretty powerful monster to send after just any demi-god," I confided in Chiron, the two of us walking out of the training grounds as a couple of Athena and Apollo kids came in to train. I looked up at Chiron, who hadn't said a word, and I raised an eyebrow. "Chiron, who is this kid? Do we know his father? He's got to be important if a Minotaur went after him."

"He's very special, indeed," Chiron told me, stopping outside of the armory and turning to look down one me. "His father is Poseidon, Luna."

My breath hitched, eyes widening as I looked up at Chiron. It wasn't a joke, he was serious. Arrow nudged his head into my legs.

Luna, do you know what this means? I shook my head, ignoring Arrow's comment as I looked back at Chiron.

"The son of Poseidon?" Chiron nodded. "You think he's the child of the Great Prophecy, don't you?"

"Yes, and if he is, then it confirms that your prophecy and the Great Prophecy are connected,"

"Intertwined with the fate of the water," i mumbled, reciting a line of my prophecy as I ran a hand down my face. I looked back up at Chiron as he gave me a small smile, patting my shoulder.

"Try not to worry about it, Luna. Get to know him, train him, and we'll see where it goes from there," Chiron trotted away, leaving just Arrow and I standing outside of the armory.

"Did he seriously just tell me to not worry about it?" I questioned Arrow, looking down at the wolf.

No one ever said he was the smartest, I laughed, patting his head as I walked into the armory, trying my best not to think about it.