💠SIXTEEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"Alright guys, remember that you always split the-"

"Grover, sweetie, not here for gambling," I told him, shooting him a small smile as we walked toward the front of the building. I caught sight of Arrow from the corner of my eye. He nodded at me, staying hidden behind a bush near the front while we went inside.

Percy, Grover, and I stood in front of the Lotus Hotel and Casino, just staring down the bright and flashy destination in front of us. 

"Luna is right, Grover. We get in, we get the pearl, and we get out." Percy told him. I laughed lightly at his seriousness, getting a small yet playful glare from him. That was the most serious I had heard him this entire trip.

"Let's get this over with then," Grover said, sighing as we followed him into the casino. 

Looking around the place made me uncomfortable. Crowds were far from my thing, I preferred to be alone or in small groups. Older women walked around in clothes that looked as if they could barely fit me and the men were just following them like lost puppies. The bellhops were handing out money cards, attempting to hand us some but I pulled the boys past them.

"Oh my god," Percy breathed out, astonished just like Grover and I were when we reached the casino part of the hotel. It looked like a roller coaster was off in the distance while a large dancer floor was occupied by obvious drunk men and women. Gambling tables were set up literally everywhere and games had long lines at each of them.

"Lotus flowers? You'll absolutely love them!" one of waitresses said, walking toward us with a plate full of delicious looking pink flowers.

"Yes, you will love them and be begging for more!" another woman said as she showed up beside me, holding out another tray of flowers. Percy and Grover both took flowers while I refused, watching the women in curiosity as they stalked away, shooting me looks as they left.

"Do we have to pay for these?" Grover called out to the woman, but received no answer. I could still feel the gaze of one of them, and it sent shivers up my spine.

"Guys," I told them, watching as they each took a bite from their flowers. "I really don't think you should be eating those. Something doesn't feel right about this place, don't you feel it?"

"D-did you hear something, Perc?"

"I-i think so...you k-know what? I c-can't remember!"

"I-i think I know why we're here!"

'W-why?"

"To have some fun!"

I stared at the two boys, astonished as they both cheered and giggled, putting their flowers down on the bar table beside us as they ran off into the crowds.

I shook my head, wandering off after them. There was no use trying to catch up with them as they were already too far ahead.

I walked over to a woman who looked my age as she played a matching game that looked more like an arcade game. I raised an eyebrow, looking her up and down. Her hair was huge, her lipstick was bright, and she was even wearing leg warmers. She seemed so out of place compared to everyone else, compared to me.

"Excuse me, miss?" she looked up at me with a bright smile. "I seemed to have bumped my head, can't remember much! What year is it?"

"Oh! It's 1985!"

I blood ran cold as I backed away from the girl, who immediately turned back to her game. 1985?

Luna! I whipped around, seeing Arrow bounding toward me. His voice sounded frantic as he stopped beside me. Luna! Have you eaten a flower?

"No," I whispered, looking around the casino as I tried to figure out what had just happened.

We are in the land of the lotus eaters, Luna, we need to leave!

"The lotus eaters," I whispered, turning around. Arrow was hot on my heels as I made my way through the casino, trying to find Percy and Grover.

"Are you alright, Luna Ardelean?" one of the bellhops said to me as I ran past him. I stopped in my tracks, turning around and looking him straight in the eye. I felt a shiver run up my spine as I looked him in the eye, a strange smirk on his face. He knew my name.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I told him, watching him carefully as the smirk became a cheery smile. He gave me nod of his head and walked off. I needed to find the boys, now.

"Percy!" I called out, seeing him standing beside some of the pinball looking games. I smacked his hands away from the controls, turning him so he looked me in the eye.

"Dude, why did you do that! I was about to win the game!"

"Wake up, Percy Jackson! You need to wake up right now!"

"Listen dude," Percy said, removing my hands from his shoulders and backing up a little bit, "I don't know who you are, but you need to chill out. Go have some fun or something!"

I groaned, grabbing onto Percy's shoulder and spinning him around. He went to make another comment when I cupped his cheeks, pulling him in and placing a kiss on his lips.

"Percy I need you to wake up, okay? I love you, okay, Percy? I need you to wake up so we can find Grover and get out of here," I whispered, closing my eyes as I held his face, hoping for something, anything to happen.

"Luna?"