💠FOURTEEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

I made a shot at the Hydra head, notching the arrow into it's eyes. It roared, flying backwards. Percy suddenly shouted out the command for his shoes, flying forward toward the now distracted head with Riptide raised.

"Percy, stop!" Grover shouted, but he wasn't listening.

I scrambled over to Grover, who stood near Athena's statue. Percy cut off all three of the heads, landing in front of us with a proud smirk plastered on his face.

"Percy," I began, my voice shaky as I took a few steps towards Athena's statue, "when you cut off one Hydra head, two more grow back."

His eyes became wide as Grover and I watched the Hydra heads reform, angrier than they had been before. One head charged at Percy, knocking him backwards into the wall and sending the pearl flying behind me. I whipped my head around, watching as the pearl sat on the ground, and turned back to the Hydra to see it ready to advance on me.

"Luna!" I heard Percy's voice call out for me as I dove behind the base of Athena's statue, the Hydra's fire burning part of my leg as I scooped the pearl into my hands and waited. Percy was probably trying to recover at the moment and my guess is Grover was searching my bag while he had the chance, meaning I was alone with this. And I don't think a few arrows are going to save me now.

I shut my eyes, trying to think of something, ANYTHING, that would help me get out of this situation. 

I just sat there with my back to the statue's base, tears about to stream down my face as I waited for something to happen. It was almost like slow motion. I could hear Percy's frantic shouts along with Grover's. The Hydra heads were getting closer, the burn on my leg starting to burn.

"Come on, mom. Come on, Luna," I chanted under my breath. I opened my eyes, the Hydra heads now directly next to me as I looked into their mouths. 

Everything seemed slow motion. Suddenly, I couldn't see the Hydra heads. Instead, I saw a wall of green. I stood from my place on the ground, busting through my now charred wall of leaves of roots as throwing my hands out.

"Holy shit," I could hear Percy mutter. The floor of the Parthenon cracked beneath the Hydra, sending it flying backward. Roots shot up from the ground, attaching to various parts of the Hydra and holding it into place as it struggled.

"Any time you both want to do something, it would be very appreciated!" I called out, struggling to keep the roots where they were and to keep the Hydra in it's place.

"Let's just be safe here," Grover muttered, him and Percy standing beside me know. Grover held up Medusa's head to the monster, her eyes turning it and the earth that surrounded it into stone. I felt my shoulders finally relax and my face soften, letting out the breath I had been holding as the monster finally turned to stone.

I looked over at Percy and Grover, who were looking at me in slight shock. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? Did I do something?"

"Were those your mom's powers?" I nodded with a smile, looking over at Percy.

"Luna, have your eyes ever, uh, been green? When you use your powers?" I looked at Grover, confused.

"Grover, my eyes are silver. What do you mean have they ever been green?"

"They're kind of green right now,"

Grover handed me his phone as I pulled out the camera, looking at my reflection. My eyes glowed a bright green color before disappearing, turning back to their silver coloring. My breath hitched as I looked at my reflection.

I quickly threw Grover's phone back at him, grabbing my backpack.

"Let's just get out of here,"