💠FOUR💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

"Quit being so rigid, Percy!" I screamed at him, slicing my sword at his arm and watching as the fresh blood slowly dripped from his new cut. He stumbled backwards, Riptide dropping to the ground as he pressed his hand over the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

He slowly lifted his hand from the wound, watching even more blood drip down his now red stained arm. I sighed, walking over to where Arrow was sitting on the ground, grabbing the first aid kit that I had brought along with me.

Luna, go easy on the poor kid, Arrow said to me, but I only shot him a glare as I walked back over to Percy.

"Let me see," I told him, my gaze softening as I looked at him. He held it out for me as I grabbed the gauze from inside the kid, wrapping it around his arm to add pressure. "Sorry, I'm used to sparing with Luke or Annabeth, forgot for a second there I'm supposed to be training you, not just sparing with you."

"It's okay," Percy told me softly, looking over at Arrow. "That wolf, he's yours?"

"His name is Arrow," I told him as I tied a knot in the gauze, looking over at Arrow. "He was a gift from my mother. I can speak to animals, so he's more of a companion than a pet. He's a pretty good fighter, too, he can be very helpful."

Percy nodded, looking down at the gauze quickly.

"You could've killed me, you know? If I was human," 

"I guess it's a good thing you're not," I told him, looking back up at him. His eyes really did look like the ocean, so easy to get lost in. I jumped back slightly, realizing what I was just doing. "Okay! Well, we should probably get back to training, don't want you to die in capture the flag tomorrow."

"Yeah, we should do that,"

Percy held Riptide in his hand once more, and I moved so I stood directly in front of him, with a little more space this time. I placed my hand on his, helping him to curl his fingers around the hilt of the sword more comfortably then he had them before. I moved the rest of his arm so it was in proper position, kicking his feet apart at the same time. 

"Now, I want you to focus and listen to everything I say very carefully," I explained, stepping away and grabbing my sword off the ground. "Don't be so stiff when you are fighting. It's what can get you killed. You need to let your body relax, let loose so your battle instincts can tell your body what to do. If you don't, then you'll get cut twenty times worse then I cut you. We're going to try something that Annabeth and I did when we were younger and training. We're going to have a conversation, keep our eyes on one another and just talk and let our battle instincts guide us instead of overthinking. Don't focus on the sword and how it moves, and don't try to make it move a certain way. That's why you have your instincts. Focus on me, on my words, because the minute you stop is the minute I win,"

"Am I ever going to have a nice civilized conversation with someone I'm fighting?"

"No, but you need to learn to trust your instincts,"

I swung my sword at him, and he faltered for a second before his sword came into contact with mine, his eyes never leaving mine once.

"So where are you from, water boy?" I asked, keeping my eyes locked with his as I let my instincts take over. I could hear our swords clash and I felt my arm moving to counter Percy's attacks, but I paid no attention. I knew to trust my battle instincts, I was trained to rely on them for nine years. Percy was knew to this, and I knew the trust would take time.

"Born and raised in New York City, what about you? I also need a nickname for you if you're going to keep calling me water boy all the time,"

"Dad owned a small farm in New Jersey, our house was kind of buried in the woods. You can call me moon child, that's what Mr. D always calls me, but Luke's preferred nickname is wolf girl,"

"Well then, moon child, why are your eyes silver colored?"

I noticed his moves as he questioned me. His instincts were okay, but I could tell that he was still overthinking and at times forcing himself to do a certain move. He grabbed his sword with both hands and sliced it through the air and down at me. Without even thinking I sidestepped, missing the terrible attempt to hit me as my body and mind continued to advance on him.

"To be honest, no one knows. Dad always told me it was just another unique thing about me, but I feel like there's more to it than that,"

"Personally, I think they're quite beautiful," he smirked cockily at his flirting attempt. I was flattered, but I smirked back, deflecting his next slicing attempt. He just set himself up for another lesson.

"Awe, you do?" Percy ceased his fighting, rubbing the back of his neck as his cheeks turned read, stumbling over his words. I smirked, swinging my sword so that the tip rested against his neck. He looked like a lost puppy.

"One of the number one rules of fighting, Percy Jackson," I told him, "never let your opponent distract you."

I kept my sword at his neck, the gears in his head finally turning as he began what I had just done: turned his moment of cockiness against him.

"The flirting is cute, water boy. I suggest keeping it to a minimum when someone is attempting to kill you, though" I told him with a smirk, turning around and sheathing my sword as I whistled for Arrow.

"I don't think that will be a problem unless you're going to be the one trying to kill me...you won't be, will you?"

I turned around, throwing him a smirk as Arrow arrived at my side.

"Don't give me a reason to and we'll be good. Training is done for the day, I'll see you at dinner,"

Arrow and I began the walk back to my cabin in silence. I said hello to a few campers as we passed them, a smile permanently planted on my face.

Your cheeks are very red, Luna, I reached up to feel my heated cheeks, looking down at Arrow with a playful smile.

"Oh come on, I just met him Arrow!"

Doesn't mean you don't find him cute, Luna, Arrow told me, letting out a little howl as he ran forward.

I shook my head, the smile still gracing my lips. It disappeared as quickly as it came, though, as realization flowed through me once more.

I had my prophecy, and if Percy was the right guy, then he had his. We were connected, and no matter what I was feeling our could one day feel, our prophecies came first. They always would.