💠EIGHTEEN 💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"The map said by the Hollywood sign! I don't see anything!" Grover called out angrily ahead of Percy, Arrow, and I, sniffing the air and checking every crevice in the world.

"What kind of sign do you want, Grover? Do you think Hades is just going to put up a huge billboard that says 'Underworld this way! Come in if you would like to die!'?"

Grover stopped in his tracks, sending a glare back at me before continuing on in his hunt for the Underworld entrance. We've been on the mountain now that held the Hollywood sign for more than 20 minutes, and there is no sight of the entrance anywhere. The map said it was by the sign, now the question was where.

Percy chuckled a little at my remark to Grover and I felt a smile stretch across my face.

"I'm not kidding, water boy! What does he think this is?"

"He just wants to get in and get out, that's all,"

"If any of us get out," I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me. I looked over at him though, and I could tell by the look on his face that he had heard me clearly. I sent him a little smile and he only laughed again, this time reaching out and taking my hand in his.

"I'm glad you came with me, Luna. I'm glad Grover did too,"

"If we didn't, you'd probably be dead by now water boy,"

Percy sent me a small glare, and I couldn't help the giggle that left my mouth.

"You told me you loved me, did you mean it?"

"What?" I said, startled by the bluntness of his question.

"We've continuously flirted with one another since the moment we met, we've kissed, and then back in the casino you told me you loved me. Did you mean it when you said it? Or were you just trying to get me to wake up?"

I sighed, tugging Percy to a stop. I looked down at Arrow, giving him a slight nod as he caught up with Grover to give us space. I looked up at Percy, biting my lower lip.

"There was a time in my life where I thought I was going to be just like my mom. I was going to follow in the footsteps of Artemis and swear off men. Then I met you. The more time I spend with you, the more I know you, the more I think about my mother, and how she fell in love, and I wonder if maybe the way I'm feeling about you is the way she felt about my father. So I don't really know what love is, Percy, but yes, I think I love you."

He smiled, his hand coming up to cup my cheek as I leaned into it.

"Well, moon child, I think that-"

"Guys! Totally think I just found it!"

"I swear to god when we get back to camp I am going to tie him up, tie him to a pole, and roast his damn goat ass over a fire," Percy growled, glaring down Grover as he stood beside the Hollywood sign, only about 10ft in front of us. I giggled a little bit, leaning up and placing a small kiss on his cheek as I pulled away. "Wait, but Luna I didn't get to-"

"It can wait, Percy. All good things come to people who wait," I saw a smile appear on his face again as I laughed, walking up to Grover with Percy right on my heels.

"Alright, this literally says 'Doors to Hell' in Greek, but I have no clue how to open it. Anyone got ideas?"

Place your hand on the words, Luna, Arrow told me. I walked between Percy and Grover as they bickered over what they should do. I placed my hand on the words and instantly felt the ground shake a little. Part of the giant H began to move as Percy grabbed onto my shoulder, pulling me away as the door opened.

"Damn, it's hot as hell in there!" Grover exclaimed. Percy, Arrow, and I each gave him a look and he suddenly realized what he said, "Right, I'm an idiot, don't mind me. Let's get this over with already."

Grover walked inside and Percy followed, but as I went to follow them I noticed Arrow would not follow us inside.

"Arrow? Come on buddy, we need to get going. It took 2 days to get here; we don't have much time left,"

I'm going back to camp, Luna. I can not protect you inside of the Underworld, so it is best that I begin to make my way back to the camp now.

"It'll feel weird without you by my side, Arrow," I told him with a sad smile. I heard Grover and Percy come back to the doorway, and I hushed them, letting them know I was speaking with Arrow.

It will feel weird without you as well, Luna. Be on your guard and protect one another, I want you coming back to me in one piece.

I nodded, a sad smile on my lips as I kneeled on the ground, holding out my arms. Arrow walked into them as I kissed his head, letting go of him.

The Underworld is full of monsters and surprises, Luna Ardelean. Be safe, and I will see you soon.

I watched as Arrow backed away from me and the boys, howling once before bounding off into the dusk. I turned back to the boys, both of them obviously confused as to what just happened.

"Arrow can not protect us in the Underworld, so he is going back to camp. This is our journey, we must finish it ourselves," I told the boys, dropping the backpack from my back and to the ground. I held my bow tightly in my hands as my quiver rested comfortably on my back. Grover grabbed the knife he had used at the Parthenon again and swung the bag onto his back. Percy placed the shield from Luke onto his arm, Riptide already waiting in his pocket.

"Let's go kick some fiery ass!" Grover cheered, walking back through the doorway to hell. I looked over at Percy, giving him a nod before following Grover inside, Percy not far behind. As soon as he stepped though the doorway, the hole was covered up once more, leaving us to roam hell alone.