💠EIGHT💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

I paced around my cabin, backpack already packed and sitting next to the door. I ran a hand through my hair, trying to get my thoughts in order.

Luna, you know you want to go an protect him, and I will be with you, Arrow said as I spared a glance over at him.

"I know, I know, I'm just trying to figure out how this is going to work. It feels like we're going in blind Arrow,"

You are, this could end a thousand different ways, but you already have your mind made up, Arrow said again, and I sighed as there was a knock on my door.

I walked over, opening the door to see Percy standing on the other side, rubbing his neck.

"Look, I know you probably think I'm stupid, but he has my mom and I can't let her suffer down there. So I understand if you don't want to come with me, but I would really like if you would come with me,"

I casted my eyes down to my backpack, Percy following my gaze. He looked back up quickly with wide eyes.

"Wait, how did you know I was going to go? We're you going to come whether or not I asked you to?"

"When it comes to family, most people would do anything to protect the ones they love, so I knew you would do this," I told him with a light smile. I grabbed my backpack, slugging it over my shoulder as Arrow stepped up beside me. "We were both coming with you no matter what. I've grown quite fond of you, water boy, I'm not going to let you die out there."

Percy smiled, about to say something else when a new voice joined in from behind Percy.

"Can't forget about me! I am your protector, after all,"

I grinned over at Grover as Percy gave in, telling him he could come along too.

"Wait, what's your plan for getting your mom, Percy?"

I saw him mutter 'shit' under his breath when Grover popped the big question of the night.

"I'm going to bargain with Hades-"

"We know you're going to do something that will never work in a million years, Percy. What Grover wants to know is how do you plan to get there and then get out of the Underworld?"

He was quiet for a minute after I blew on him, trying to think of something even though he knew he couldn't. I gave Grover a look when Percy didn't speak up and he looked just as clueless.

"Wait, I may know a way," I told them, an idea popping into my head as we stood on the front steps of my cabin. They both gave me looks and I only smiled at them, knowing my idea would be perfect.

***********

"Luke, we need help," I stated, barging into the surprisingly empty Hermes cabin. Luke was leaning back in some gaming chair, a PlayStation remote in his hands as he focused on the large screen. He turned to us for a quick second, smiling when he saw me as he paused his game.

"Ah, Percy! I knew you would stop by sooner or later, everyone does. Welcome to the 21st century!" Luke exclaimed with a smile on his face, arms wide to gesture to all his electronics that definitely weren't actually allowed in camp.

"We need some help," I said after a second of silence where Percy was gazing at all of Luke's things, "We're trying to get to the underworld so we can save Percy's mother. Your dad is the only person in the world that has made it in and out of the Underworld; do you have any idea how?"

"My dad is a dick, never even met him so I don't know. I'm kind of surprised that you're helping out Jackson, Luna, I feel like Annabeth would be more suited for this quest."

He was doing this to get on my nerves, it says it all in the smirk. God, I hate this man. Even Arrow growled from beside me, which made Luke's smirk drop.

 "I spoke to Annabeth earlier because I knew Percy was going to do this and I was going to join him. I asked Annabeth if she wanted to come and she said she was more comfortable here holding down the fort, making sure nothing else happened. Now, tell us what you know."

Luke held his hands up in defense, obviously loving how easily he could rile me up. Percy squeezing my should quickly, whispering for me to calm down.

"As you know, Hades isn't the most desirable person in the world," Luke began to explain, grabbing things off of his shelves and thrusting them towards Percy, Grover, and I, "so when he met Persephone, he had to have her. Easiest way he knew to get what he wanted was to just trap her in the Underworld with him. Of course, Persephone hates him, so she has secret visitors very often. She's hidden pearls around the country. Get what you want from the Underworld, then just step on a pearl, think of where you want to go, and it'll bring you there. Very simple if you think about it. The map I gave Grover will tell you the location of each pearl."

Percy was fiddling with the shield that Luke had given him while Grover stared down at the map. I examined the flying shoes Luke had give to me, trying to figure out what use they could be to us.

"And just remember, Percy, everyone believes you're the lightning thief. Zeus will want you dead so he can have his bolt back," Luke casually threw out, sitting back in his chair and resuming his game.

"But I'm not the lightning thief!" Percy yelled, exasperated. I understood where he was coming from. Everyone was blaming him for something I was sure he didn't do. I think even Zeus knew he didn't do it.

"He isn't the thief Luke, and you know it. He- we're all too important to the gods right now for them to even consider killing us," Luke's face softened at my words. He had overheard a conversation between Grover and I, which is how he knew of the prophecies. He had most likely put two and two together and realized that the Great Prophecy was destined for Percy, and that my prophecy tied into his.

"What do you mean?" Percy questioned, looking over at me. I looked down at my shoes, shaking my head lightly.

"It's nothing. I'm just saying that if something were to ever happen, the gods would need us to do their dirty work," I stated, and somewhat lied, brushing past him and out the door, ready to begin this journey to hell (literally).