💠TWENTY-FOUR💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

I stepped off the wind and onto the Empire State building again, Percy right behind me with his flying shoes on. His mother, Sally, immediately wrapped us in a hug, ushering us towards a large double door.

"We need to hurry! We've only got 2 minutes left!" I threw my quiver on my back, grabbing my bow in the process before his mother shoved us through the door. I admired the gold Greek symbols that covered the hidden elevator, coming back to reality when Sally finished pressing the series of numbers that would take us to Olympus.

The elevator lurched as I fell back against Percy. We climbed upwards, going faster and faster every second until we came to an abrupt stop, the doors opening to reveal Olympus.

"No time to admire it, Luna!" Percy shouted, grabbing my hand as we ran out of the elevator. I cast a look back at Sally, but she wasn't following.

"I can't get through!" she shouted, trying to reach her hand through but it wouldn't allow a mortal to pass, "You need to go! Hurry!"

Percy and I wasted no time, doing as she said and running up the millions of steps until we finally reached the large doors of Olympus. With every ounce of strength we had we managed to get one of the doors open enough so that we could slip through.

"Can't you see? A war is not the answer here," a loud, female voice sounded out from the room to our left as Percy and I raced for the door, hoping we weren't too late.

"It's too late anyways," a voice, in which I assumed was Zeus', said to the woman as a loud booming sound echoed throughout the entire palace, "time has run out."

"Wait! Wait!" Percy shouted, pulling himself around the corner and into the giant room, pulling me along with a simple tug of my hand. The room was ginormous, as big as the gods and goddesses who were atleast 10x our size. 12 seats were arranged into a half circle around a large clock, and I realized what room we were standing in: the High Council of the gods.

"My name is Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. And this is Luna Ardelean, daughter of Artemis. I believe we have what you're looking for,"

I could feel all of the eyes slowly drift my way when Percy announced who I was, so i subconsciously moved closer to him. He let go of my hand, wrapping his arm around my waist instead.

"Give it here, lightning thief," Zeus commanded him after he tore his gaze away from me. Percy threw the bolt up to him, and I watched in awe as it grew to the size of the gods and goddesses in the room.

"You are wise to betray your father,"

"I didn't steal the bolt, and I have no connection with Poseidon,"

I could see the face of Poseidon fall at Percy's words, and I squeezed him tightly. I had a feeling that Percy wasn't very happy with his dad, but I didn't realize he would take it this far.

Zeus, on the other hand, looked slightly intrigued when Percy said he did not steal the bolt.

"If you are not the lightning thief, then who is?"

"Luke Castellan, son of Hermes," everyone's eyes were immediately on the god to our right, who looked very shocked at the news bestowed upon him, "you see he was angry, angry at all of you. He wanted you to destroy yourselves, he wanted a war of the gods. He wanted to get the bolt to Hades so he could rule Olympus."

"You've done well Percy Jackson, you as well Luna Ardelean. Though, I do not approve of your existence, girl,"

"You don't have to like me, Zeus, but you do have to trust me. Percy as well," his head snapped around, his glare settling on me. He did not like that fact that I was telling him what to do, but I didn't care if he was a god. I took Percy's hand off my waist, stepping closer to the gods. "You all know of the prophecy, The Great Prophecy, which means you know that your fate rests in Percy's hands. And you know of mine, which means you know that I play a vital role in Percy's destiny. I suggest staying on our good sides, I don't think we've decided how we want the future to play out quite yet."