💠SIX💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

"Luna, so nice of you to join us here!" Chiron exclaimed, giving me a smile as he and Grover turned back to watch something going on by my team's flag. I gave them both suspicious looks, wondering why they were smiling so much, as I walked over to them to see what they were seeing.

Percy stood by the water, his body covered in barely any cuts at all, as Annabeth was stumbling backwards away from him, clutching her cheek as blood dripped between the cracks in her fingers. He was doing well, but he was still on the opposite team.

"Did the water heal him?" I questioned, seeing that his clothing was wet but the cuts were gone. I handed my quiver to Grover, along with my bow, taking a sword from him instead.

"Yes, he really is the child of Poseidon,"

"I need to go help her," I told Chiron, moving my feet to dash out to help Annabeth, but Chiron moved so he stood in front of me.

"Not yet, Luna. You trained him well; let him show off his skills to us."

I reluctantly nodded and watched as Annabeth regained her strength, lunging at Percy once more with her sword. She made a step towards Percy, moving her right foot forward violently as she thrust her sword towards him, intent on cutting his skin. Percy deflected it easily, though, making another mark upon her face in no time at all. She staggered backwards once more as her sword dropped from her hands, and Percy held the tip of Riptide to her neck.

She moved away, granting him access to the flag after she knew she had been defeated. He took confident steps towards our team flag, battling for only seconds with every person that tried to stop him.

"Now, you may go," Grover told me, and I wasted no time with running through the water and back onto the shore. I stood tall, sword gripped comfortably in my hand as I watched him turn around, a playful smile on his lips when he saw me.

"Come to fight? I mean, you won't win, I did this to the rest of your teammates," he told me with a cocky smirk, gesturing around to the soldiers that had fell to the ground and the ones who had admitted defeat.

"You're forgetting that you're only as good as I am, water boy. I trained you. I also warned you about the cocky attitude of yours," I wasted no time and attacked him, slicing his left cheek before he could even process what had happened. I saw him slightly wince as I went in for another attack, but this time he was ready. The sound of our swords clanking together echoed through the camp as both teams watched carefully, excited to see who would win.

He went for an upper attack on my head but I ducked low, instead swiping at his feet with my own sword. He was quick though, jumping into the air and dodging my attempt at a lower attack. I thrust my feet out, kicking him in the shins to startle him, before he could make any other counter attack on me.

Ours eyes remained locked as our swords clanked against one another, feeling like yesterday all over again. He smiled at me as we continued to fight, and before I could even stop myself I had gotten lost in his eyes again. Those ocean eyes were dangerous. They was vast, and tranquil, truly reminding me of the ocean itself.

I felt my sword being ripped from my grasp and I let out a small gasp, feeling the coolness of it on the back of my neck. I looked into Percy's eyes as he held my body only an inch from his, the blade of his sword held across the front of my neck, making it impossible to move without getting hurt. I could almost hear the beating of both of our hearts, how loud and fast they were, and the sound of us both heavily breathing from the fight. 

"Number one rule of a fight, Luna: don't let your opponent distract you," he whispered in my ear, pulling back slightly with a smirk.

"Guess you're more distracting than I first thought, Jackson," I whispered, not able to take my eyes off of him.

He took both swords off my neck, handing mine back to me as he stalked away towards the flag. As he held it up in the air, his team rushed forward, engulfing him in a large hug and lifting him onto their shoulders. I turned around, walking towards Annabeth to help her to her feet.

I did turn back to Percy, though, a small smile gracing my lips as I watched him, before Annabeth and I began to make our way back to camp alongside our team.