💠SEVEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

"Thank you, Artemis, for all you have given me and all you do for others," I whispered, tearing my dinner roll in half and throwing part of it into the large camp fire. "I love you and I miss you, mom."

I turned around, taking a bite of my roll when I caught sight of Percy, Annabeth, and Grover standing by the buffet table. Grover saw me, waving me over as I joined the trio.

"I have to say, Percy, I was quite impressed today. You showed me you've got a lot of talent,"

"I did have a pretty good teacher," he said with a smile, which quickly became a smirk. "Though, I think a lot of it was all me. I'd say I'm pretty skilled."

Annabeth and I laughed as Anna looked over at him.

"Now I know what Luna means when she says you're pretty cocky,"

"I'm not that cocky!"

"Percy! Hey!"

I rolled my eyes, knowing that everyone could see me do it as three of the Aphrodite girls approached our small group. I raised an eyebrow as I watched the blonde in the middle, known as Mackenzie, twirl her hair around her finger as she looked at Percy.

"We're going to have a party later, maybe you and your friend want to come along?" she said to Percy, her eyes trailing over to Grover for a split second before they focused on Percy again. Annabeth was silently laughing, watching as I took a step in front of Percy immediately.

"Mackenzie, do you even get tired of just being pretty? Anything else going on in that head of yours?" her smiled faded as she scoffed, rolling her eyes as her and her two girls stalked away from us angrily. Grover called out for them, chasing after them as Annabeth laughed, chasing after him to stop him from pursuing them.

I turned back to Percy, who was only looking at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk.

"What?"

"No need to be jealous," I scoffed, looking away as Percy let out a little laugh. "I'm serious. I've flirted with you every second I've gotten, Luna, I would say that I'm not really interested in Aphrodite girls."

"Even with their magical beauty?"

"I've read plenty of mythology books that claim Artemis was just as equally beautiful as Aphrodite," I didn't understand what was happening to me, but I couldn't control the reddening of my cheeks as Percy leaned on the table beside me. I looked up at him, about to make a witty comment back, when the fire of the campfire in the middle of the came roared higher than it ever had before

"Percy Jackson! Show yourself!"

Percy clicked his pen, Riptide immediately forming. I went to reach for a weapon, when I realized that they were all in my cabin. I looked to my right to see Arrow come bounding from the direction of the cabin's, standing protectively at my side once he arrived.

Luna, what is happening? I heard commotion, are you okay? I nodded my head at Arrow as I looked back at Percy. He looked over to see I didn't have a weapon and immediately stepped in front of me as we turned our attention back to the fire.

"Percy Jackson, show yourself, or say goodbye to your mother!"

My eyes widened as all of the campers stood around, gazing at what was happening. I knew immediately who it was made of fire: Hades, God of the Underworld. I had heard that voice once before in my life, and it was a voice that you just don't forget.

"Percy-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Percy was taking off toward the campfire, brandishing Riptide like it was going to help him. I cursed myself, running after him with Arrow directly at my side.

"My mother is dead!" Percy called as I arrived beside him. I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him back, but he refused to move. Chiron appeared beside us as well, brandishing a weapon that he knew wouldn't hurt a God, especially one who wasn't even really here.

"No, I merely sent the Minotaur to capture her, she's here with me," we all watched as Hades grabbed a handful of fire, swirling it in circles as a women that looked very similar to Percy materialized in the flames. I held my breath as she looked at Percy with a sad smile.

"Percy..." she whispered, before Hades sent a hand through her, making the image of her disappear right before our eyes.

"Bring me the bolt, Percy Jackson, or say goodbye to your mother forever!" Hades suddenly disappeared, the flames going back to their normal size as ever dispersed from the campfire, leaving only Percy, Chiron, Arrow and I. Grover and Annabeth stood back, but close enough that they could hear our conversation.

"Bolt? What is he talking about? Who was that?" Percy questioned, running a hand through his hair. I looked at Chiron, who looked back at me.

"I discussed this with Luna this morning, but I didn't think that it would involve any of us. Someone stole Zeus's lightning bolt, and Zeus himself must believe that it was you."

"Why me?"

"Poseidon broke the code, the pact of the Big Three to never have children. He broke that to have you. Zeus must believe that you're working against your father," I explained, piecing everything together slowly.

"But who was that?"

"Hades, God of the Underworld," Chiron said, looking over at Percy with a stern look. "Percy, you are to do nothing about this. I will speak to the Gods."

"We have to get her back! That's my mother!" Percy exclaimed as I grabbed his arm, trying to calm him down.

"You don't have the bolt, Percy, and that's final. You are to do nothing,"

I watched Percy carefully as Chiron stalked away. I barely knew him, but one look at his face as I knew exactly what he was about to do.

He was going to go after Hades, bolt or no bolt. Permission or no permission.

And I would be damned if I let him go alone.