💠TWELVE💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

Percy parked the car next to the Parthenon. I stepped out of the passenger side, looking out at the entrance of the building. There were so many people, too many for a wolf to come inside.

I stopped Arrow before he could exit the car, and Percy and Grover stepped to the side to let us have a moment.

"Listen buddy, I need you to stay in here. We don't know what's going to happen, and I don't think that the Parthenon allows dogs, let alone wolves," I explained to him. I wanted him beside me in there if things went wrong, but I didn't want to know what would happen if someone saw a wolf.

But Luna, I need to protect you. It is my job, I shook my head, scratching behind his ear.

"Your job is to be my companion, Arrow. We protect one another, it's not one sided. Just trust me, buddy. I'll be okay,"

I will wait inside of the car, just please come back to me okay. And crack the window, it might get hot, I laughed, reaching inside the car and cracking the window for him before kissing his head, shutting the door and standing beside Grover and Percy.

"Do we have everything we need?" Percy asked, glancing at the two of us. His eyes lingered on me as he raised an eyebrow. "Luna, where's your quiver?"

"Under my jacket, and the backpack is covering it so you can't see it," Percy nodded as he locked the car, the three of us walking toward the front entrance.

"Damn, where are you supposed to find a pearl in this place?" Percy mumbled as we entered the Parthenon. My eyes went wide as I looked around. Tons of statues were everywhere, but the large one of Athena in the middle stood out the most.

"Up there," I told him, pointing up to Athena's crown as I stood directly below her. The pearl glowed brightly from it's place notched in her crown.

"Great, should I throw my crutch up there to knock it down?" Grover asked, walking up to stand beside Percy and I. I forgot about his crutches, how he used them to disguise the goat legs through the mist.

"No. I have most of our weapons and the ones from Luke in my backpack. We'll just hide in the bathroom and when the Parthenon closes, we'll get the pearl,"

"What's all in there?"

"Percy has Riptide and I have my bow and quiver. Backpack has those flying shoes Luke gave us plus the retractable shield. I threw in Medusa's head just for you," I threw Grover a little smirk when I mentioned Medusa and laugh when he shuddered. He really did not like her what-so-ever, especially when she was just a head.

"Alright, let's just go wait in the car until it's almost closing time, then we'll slip into the bathrooms," Grover told me and I gave a nod of approval as I moved to follow him, until a hand grabbed my upper arm.

"Hold on," Percy whispered, tugging me back to him as Grover began to walk away. I raised an eyebrow at him as he leaned forward, laying a kiss to the top of my head. "Please be careful tonight, we don't know what might happen."

I smirked, even though the heat in my cheeks was rising. I squeezed Percy's hand, tugging the both of us after Grover.

"Everything is going to be fine, water boy. We get the pearl and go, what could go wrong?"

"I mean, pretty sure we thought the same thing last time and we ended up walking into Medusa's lair so..."

"Eh, one time fluke. I'm sure this one will be a piece of cake!"