Chapter Two

School started up a few days later. My roommates and I had spent the past couple nights staying up late watching movies and getting acquainted. Tessa was majoring in health and physical education, Jackie in vocal performance and Amber in business as well as fashion design. She told us that her dream was to have a monstrous fashion empire. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do yet so I was undeclared and just getting my generals out of the way. I had also signed up for a couple classes that caught my interest, photography and a Latin dancing class. Tessa had talked me into that one.

     I was a little nervous, okay a lot nervous, to start school since I didn't know anybody outside of my roommates and brothers. David and Trevor were still here but it was their senior year and so the chances of me seeing them often was pretty slim. As I was trying to decide what to wear for my first class, my cell phone rang.

     "Hello?" I said as I browsed through my closet.

     "Hey Lise, how's it going?" It was my sister Claire. She was the oldest of us four, married and living in Georgia.

     "Fine. Just trying to decide what to wear. First day you know." I said.

     "Are you nervous?" She asked.

    "A little." I admitted. "I'm worried I won't make friends outside of my roommates."

     "You'll do great!" She said. "Just flash that beautiful smile of yours and you'll be an instant hit."

     I laughed. Claire was always good at helping me feel better.

     "What classes are you taking?" She asked.

     I looked over at my neatly color coordinated schedule that was pinned to my wall. "Um math, English, biology, European history, photography and a Latin dance class."

     "Oooo a Latin dance class, that sounds fun. I should get Pete to take me to one. Those Latin numbers are always my favorite on Dancing With the Stars. They're so sexy." Claire said. I could imagine her wiggling her eyebrows at me.

     I laughed again, this time out of nerves. "My roommate Tessa convinced me to take it with her. I don't know if I can do it though, you remember what happened when I took ballet?"

     Claire chuckled. "How could I forget? The only eight year old to take out an entire class by tripping. This will be different though I bet and who knows, you might love it."

     "We'll see. It doesn't start til next week though." I told her. I glanced over at the clock. "Hey I need to get off if I'm going to make it to class on time."

     "Okay, I'll let you go. Just wanted to wish you luck!" Claire said.

     "Thanks. Love ya."

     "Love ya too. Bye."

     I tapped end with a smile, grateful that Claire took time out of her busy day to give me a good luck call. I wasn't really surprised though, she was my best friend even with 8 years between us. We looked so much alike too, dark brown hair, root beer brown eyes and skin that would never ever tan. Ever. I missed her, but Pete was pretty cool and they loved each other so I guess it was okay that they lived so dang far away.

     I finally decided on an outfit and got dressed. Pineapple print tee-shirt, skinny jeans and yellow polka dot toms were my choice of fashion today. Amber was a morning person to the extreme so she had already left for classes, maybe even finished her whole day by now. I walked out into the kitchen, grabbed an apple and my bag which was hanging on a hook. We didn't live too far from campus and the weather was lovely so I decided to walk to class.

     I opened the door and found a beautiful vase of bright colored flowers sitting on the front porch. I picked them up and read the little card.

     Good luck on your first day sis! We're rooting for you!

     Love, David and Trevor(but mostly David since he went out and actually bought the flowers) It was Trevor's idea though so don't give Dave all the credit.

     I laughed at the note and went back inside, leaving the flowers on our table. Then, fortified with the good wishes from my family(my parents had texted earlier, they love me too!) I stepped out, ready for my new adventure.