Chapter Twenty-four

"Alright Elise, spill. How do you get all these handsome guys to fall for you?" Tessa teased. We were back at the condo, laying across the couches, too tired to actually get ready for bed. I had told the others about Ian as we were walking back.

    I rolled my eyes. "I already told you, we weren't flirting, he was just being nice. Hello? I have a boyfriend."

    "Well I'll gladly take him off your hands." Amber said. "Hot, Australian, travels, yeah I can handle that."

    Everyone laughed. I shook my head feeling a little annoyed. They were all making a big deal over nothing. I had enjoyed dancing with Ian because he was nice and a good dancer. That was it. I didn't like how they were implying I was being unfaithful to Blaine.

    I slid off the couch. "I'm claiming the big shower while all you yahoos laze around." Feeble protests were made but no one challenged me.

    After I finished showering, I wrapped myself in one of the fluffy white robes provided and padded back out to the living room. The girls had all fallen asleep. Feeling hungry I went into the kitchen in search of a snack. My phone buzzed.

    Blaine: Hey babe, you up?

    Me: Yeah just getting a midnight snack.

    Blaine: Sweet. Can I call?"

    Me: Yeah

    "How was your day?" Blaine asked when I answered.

    "It was really fun, we spent the day at the beach and then went to a big beach party tonight." I took my apple slices and peanut butter back to the bedroom with me.

    "A beach party?" Blaine sounded surprised. "That's not really your scene."

    I shrugged, even though he couldn't see me. "It was just a bunch of food and dancing. It's spring break so a lot of people are here. I'm sure it wasn't the only thing going on. I danced, ate some food and came home to crash."

    "Did you get asked to dance?"

    My friends' teasing over Ian was rattling around in my mind. I decided that since nothing happened, Blaine didn't need any details. "A few times. No one was as good as you though. It made me miss you more."

    "That's good to hear." Blaine said.   "I wouldn't want to have to come down and beat anybody up."  He laughed.  "What are your plans for tomorrow?"

    "Snorkeling excursion in the morning. I don't know how long it will take, I would imagine most of the day." I yawned "Right now I need to get in my pjs, dry my hair and hit the sack."

    "Oh?" I could practically hear Blaine perk up. "What are you wearing?"

    "Just a robe. I got done with a shower just before you called." I said. "The robes are so soft, I wasn't ready to take it off."

    "Ah, you're killing me here." Blaine said.

    "Am I?" I grinned.

    "You are so mean to me." Blaine said.

    "What goes around comes around." I said. We talked for a little bit longer before saying goodbye. After I hung up with him I went and roused my roommates from their couch slumbers. They would thank me tomorrow.

    The next morning, I bribed the others out of bed by making waffles and bacon.

    "Only for bacon will I get up this early on vacation." Tessa grumbled.  She yawned and rubbed her eyes.  I passed her a plate.