Chapter Nineteen

By the time Blaine and I got to his apartment's pool, his friends were already there. Blaine unlocked the pool gate and we went in.

    "Blaine, it's about time man." One of the guys broke away and greeted Blaine with one of those man hug/back slaps. The strange boy looked over at me, his mouth breaking into a big grin. "Is this her?"

    Blaine put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. "Yep, this is my girlfriend, Elise. Elise, this is my roommate Eli."

    "Elise! It's nice to finally meet you. It's about time Blaine brought you around." Eli said.

    Eli had dark, brown skin, mischievous looking brown eyes and the whitest teeth I had ever seen, which he flashed constantly. He was a little taller than Blaine, which meant he towered over me. He seemed fun and easy going, evident by his mega-watt smile and his ability to involve everyone there. I liked him immediately. The rest of the group consisted of two more guys, Blaine and Eli's other roommates, and three girls. It didn't take a genius to figure out that we were on a date.

    Once Blaine had introduced me to the others, it was hot tub time. I sat my towel on a chair that was close to the hot tub. I wanted it handy because it was going to be freezing when we got out. I quickly shed my hoodie and sweatpants and made my way into the bubbling water. Blaine gave me a look as I made my way to his side.

    "What?" I asked.

    "New suit?" Blaine asked.

    "Just borrowed from Amber." I had opted out of my black suit and instead wore a white top/black bottom corset styled suit that had a thin halter strap attached at the edge of the scalloped sweetheart neckline.. The cups and waist were lined with a scalloped lace. I wasn't one to stray far from a basic one piece swimming suit so this was pretty daring for me. It did give me a boost of confidence when I realized that the look I was getting from Blaine was admiration.

    And maybe something a little bit more.

    "Alright, are you guys ready for the best thing ever?" Eli asked, coming out to the hot tub. He was carrying a big bowl in one hand and a grocery bag in the other. He sat the bowl and bag at the edge of the hot tub, climbed in and then started pulling things out of the bag. First was a pie, which he opened and placed into the bowl. Next was a carton of ice cream and a large spoon. He then proceeded to scoop generous amounts of ice cream over the pie. He reached into the bag again and pulled out spoons which he gave to all of us. Last, he picked up the bowl and carefully placed it into the water. The bowl floated and I could see the ice cream starting to melt over the pie.

    "Everybody dig in!" Eli cried. "It's piescream time!"

    We all obeyed and passed the bobbing bowl around, careful not to splash any water inside. The pie was a mouthwatering pecan with vanilla bean ice cream topping. It was delicious.

    "How did you come up with this?" I asked, taking a rather large spoonful.

    "I used to do this all the time in high school. My older sister and her roommates started it, well at least that's where I picked it up. I don't exactly know the origins of piescream." Eli said with a grin. "It's good right?"

    "It's heavenly." said his date, Mandy. She closed her eyes and moaned with pleasure. "It's a good thing we're all sharing this or I'd eat the whole thing." She giggled.

    "I'm more of a banana cream or chocolate cream pie kind of girl, but this is really good." I said.

    "I'll remember that for next time then." Eli said with a grin.