Chapter Twenty-Three

"Oh wow! Amber this place is fancy!" I said as we walked into the condo.

    Beautiful didn't even begin to describe the luxury of this place.Glossy marble floors, high domed ceilings and gorgeous furnishings. The best part was the breathtaking view of the ocean, compliments of the floor to ceiling glass doors that wrapped around the living room.

    "Those doors open up all the way." Amber said. "The terrace goes all the way around. I think there's a Jacuzzi, grill and fridge out there."

    "Well I know what I'm hitting first." Jackie said, dropping her bags. "Amber, what do your aunt and uncle do?"

    "A little bit of this, a little bit of that." Amber said vaguely. "I don't really pay attention."

    "They're in the mafia, aren't they?" Tessa joked.

   "If they were, I'd have to kill you." Amber grinned. "So Elise, you and I are in the master bedroom. It's down the hall and on the left. Tessa and Jackie, you guys have the room across from that bathroom there."

    I followed Amber into the master bedroom. A huge King sized bed sat against the wall, across from a large flat screen t.v.

    Amber opened the closet. "I think we'll have enough room for the two of us."

    My jaw dropped. The closet was the size of a small bedroom. "Okay, I think I could live here."

    "Wait until you see the en suite." Amber grinned.

    Once we had finished unpacking and getting settled, Amber left to see if Tessa and Jackie needed help with anything. I used this opportunity to call Blaine. He picked up immediately.

    "Hey beautiful, how was your drive?" His deep voice resonated over the speaker.

    "Long but worth it. This place is amazing." I said, flopping onto the bed. I told him about the condo. "We're going down to explore the beach in a little bit."

    "Going swimming?"

    "Probably."

    "Send me a pic of you in your suit since I'm not there to bask in your beauty in person."

    I laughed. "Alright, crazy. What are you doing tonight?"

    "Well since it's spring break, there are always parties going on. I think Eli and I will hit some up." Blaine said.

    "See, you're getting some quality bro time in." I said.

    "There were better things I could have been occupying my time with..." Blaine said, his voice dropping low. I could hear his smirk over the phone.

    "I'm sure there were. Why don't you make a list of all the things you wanted to do with me and we'll do them when I get back." I said. I spotted Tessa at the door, waving for me to come out.

    "Oh really?" I heard Blaine perk up. "You know, that can be taken any number of ways. I'm not sure you'll want to read my list after not seeing you for a week."

    "Try not to be too scandalous." I said.

    "You know me so well." Blaine teased.

    Our witty banter lasted for a couple more minutes before we said our goodbyes. Hanging up, I joined my roommates in the spacious kitchen. Food covered the counter as the other girls were making sandwiches.

    "How's Mr. Lonely?" Tessa asked with a grin.

    "He's fine." I answered, taking the plate Jackie was offering. "He and Eli are going to a party tonight."