Chapter Twenty-one

A/N

    Another long chapter:)  But there's so much drama!

    "Oh wow! This looks beautiful Amber!" I said. The four of us, along with our dates, had just entered the Sweetheart Ball. The doorway to the room was draped with white twinkle lights wrapped in white tulle that was pulled to the sides like curtains. A table covered with a bright pink tablecloth and more lights sat to the side, two people taking tickets sat behind it. Once we had given them our tickets we made our way into the ballroom. The student council had really outdone themselves, the room was decked out with lights, balloons, tulle and other romantic touches.

    "I told you, this is a big deal here." Amber said, grinning. She looked beautiful in her champagne colored, tulle tea-length dress. It had gorgeous golden appliques all over it which matched her gold heels. She had curled her hair in retro inspired waves. Her date, Hector, was equally dashing in his light brown suit. His hand rested lightly on Amber's waist.

    Yep, Hector, the guy who asked me out on that disaster date that Blaine crashed. I was a little irritated that Amber hadn't told me who was taking her to the Ball. I was completely shocked when the doorbell rang and there he was. I tried not to let it bother me though, I was with Blaine so it shouldn't matter. I guess I was more hurt that Amber hadn't mentioned anything.

    "Well I'm glad that it gives us an excuse to get all dolled up." Jackie said excitedly.

    "Me too." said Dale, her date(and boyfriend!). "Well I mean to see you all dolled up." He corrected, his ears turning pink, matching the color of Jackie's lace and chiffon gown. Her blond hair had been curled and pulled back in a waterfall braid. She squeezed his hand and leaned into him. They had started dating shortly after the mountain debacle and were stinkin adorable.

    "So are we just going to stand here or did we come to dance?" Tessa asked, coming up with her date, Eli. Things had been a little frosty between him and Blaine since our movie night so I was surprised when Blaine suggested that Eli ask Tessa to the Ball. They looked great together, both in sleek black. Tessa's cap sleeved dress had two triangle cutouts at her waist and a slit up her thigh. A gold arm cuff was her jewelry of choice and her red hair was pulled up in a voluminous ponytail. She looked like a siren assassin, who could kick your butt without breaking a sweat. I had seen her turn several heads when we walked in.

    "I agree with Tessa." Blaine said. He took me by the hand and twirled me out. "Let's dance." He led me away from the others and onto the dance floor. The fast song that was playing came to an end and was replaced with a slow waltz. Blaine easily led me into the familiar steps. "Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Blaine whispered in my ear as he held me close.

    "Only a million times." I grinned. "But I like hearing it.

    "I can't believe you didn't get asked to your senior prom." Blaine said, shaking his head. "I bet all the boys were kicking themselves once they saw you."

    "Flattering, but most likely not." I said. I was wearing my old senior prom dress tonight. A one-shouldered, black chiffon that melted into a red ombre. Bejeweled silver appliques sat at the strap and at the waist. The back was my favorite part, a four strap cutout flared from the jewels at the bodice. Amber had pulled my hair into a braided side bun and lent me a gorgeous pair of dangly cuff earrings. While it was true, I hadn't been asked to my senior prom, I did go with a bunch of friends and had a blast. It remained one of my favorite high school memories.

    "Well I actually like it better this way. Now I don't have to compete with the memory of some lame guy. This dress was meant to be only for me." Blaine said cheekily.