Chapter Fourteen

"So what did your parents say about me?" Blaine asked. I had been back from Thanksgiving for a couple days now. Blaine had come over to my house the moment I had said goodbye to Trevor and David. We were now snuggled under several blankets in the bed of his truck, looking at the stars.

    I fiddled with the blanket, avoiding answering his question.

    "Elise?" Blaine tilted my chin up. It was harder now that I was looking into his eyes.

    "I...uh, didn't tell them." I mumbled. He had asked me every day if I had told my parents about us dating and every time I avoided the subject.

    "I see." Blaine said. His voice was cold. He withdrew his arm from around my shoulder, the warmth it provided instantly gone. "Elise, are you ashamed of me?" His green eyes were so intense and I'm pretty sure he could see all the way into my cowardly soul. Although he wasn't yelling, I could tell he was getting upset and it was all my fault.

    Crap. I'm a horrible person.

    "No!" I said quickly. "I just don't know how to bring it up. I've never had a boyfriend before, remember? I don't know what I'm doing."

    I could feel Blaine's anger start to ebb away.. "I suppose you have a point. I forget that you haven't had a boyfriend before." He sighed. I'm not mad at you anymore."

    "I really am sorry." I said. "I'm not trying to hide you from them. I promise I'll tell them. I'm still learning here."

    Blaine looked thoughtful for a moment and then grinned in the way that made my pulse race. "I guess I still have a lot to teach you then." The look on his face sent shivers of delight down my back. He was so sexy.

    He pulled me back towards him and captured my lips with his. Kissing had very quickly become one of my favorite extracurricular activities. It stirred up all these crazy feelings and the longer we kissed, the more I wanted.

    While we had obviously kissed before, Blaine had been respectful of my inexperience and didn't push any boundaries he thought I would be uncomfortable with. He had only given me short kisses. Tonight I could tell he was holding himself back and I realized that I wanted to to see what else I was missing.

    Tentatively I opened my mouth a little more and I could feel Blaine's surprise. I nodded slightly, not wanting to ruin the moment and that was all the encouragement he needed.

    Our kissing became more fervent and I finally understood why people liked to make out so much.

    Oh,the magical things you can do with your tongue. And teeth.

    When I was in high school I had a friend try to describe to me why making out was so enjoyable.

    "So your tongues are touching? I had asked. "Ew. Gross."

    He had just laughed at poor little naive me. "Trust me, there is nothing eww about it. I guarantee that one day you will like it."

    "No way." I had said. "It sounds disgusting and unsanitary. I will never like that."

    Well, I was wrong. There was nothing disgusting about it and I liked it. A lot.

    We pulled apart, breathing heavily, our foreheads resting together. In our hazy kissing fog Blaine had pulled me onto his lap to where I was practically straddling him. His curly hair was disheveled from my hands and his lips swollen. His eyes were wide and bright. He let out a low whistle.