Chapter Thirteen

A/N

Kind of a long chapter.  Sorry about your thumbs:)

    "Amber, have you seen my boots?" I asked, my voice a little muffled since I was currently searching under my bed.

    "I haven't." Amber said from her side of the room. She was folding her clothes neatly into suitcases. "Did you ask Tessa?"

    "No." I crawled out from under the bed and sat up. "She's not here right now, I'll have to ask her later."

    We were all getting ready to go home for Thanksgiving break. Once Halloween was over it seemed like our teachers had formed a secret club to give all their students as much work as possible. I'm pretty sure I had seen the inside of the library more than the inside of my own home. Luckily for me, my study breaks were generously provided by my wonderful boyfriend.

    "Is Blaine going home with you for the break?" Amber asked.

    I shook my head. "We talked about it, but I nixed the idea. It's too soon. We've only been dating a month. I haven't even really told my family I have a boyfriend yet." Staying in the bubble as long as possible. I started tossing my stuff into my duffel bag.

    "Are you worried that your family won't like him?"

    "I don't know. He's a little rough around the edges and didn't have the best upbringing. Plus I'm the youngest so everybody and their dog will have an opinion about my dating life. I'm just glad that my brothers have been super busy with their senior year and haven't been able to come by. They would have given Blaine such a hard time, probably scare him away."

    Amber laughed. "I don't know, he seems like he could give them a run for their money."

    "Well if they don't scare Blaine off, my brother in law might. He's Samoan and huge. He played rugby in college so I know he can take a guy down." I said, finishing my packing with a zip of my bag. I heaved it off my bed. "My brothers should be here any minute."

    Amber helped me carry my belongings into the living room. She was leaving later that afternoon so she didn't bother bringing her stuff out too.

    Tessa came banging in through the front door. "Eliiiise," she sang out. "Your brothers just pulled up and yes, I do hate you for not introducing me sooner. They are gorgeous! Pictures do not do them justice."

    I rolled my eyes as Amber jumped up to join Tessa in peeking out the window at David and Trevor.

    "Um yeah Elise, you've really been holding our on us." Amber agreed with Tessa. "Hot brothers should always be introduced to roommates. I think it's in the official girl code."

    "Ew. You do know these guys are my brothers right? Like they used to sit on me and tickle me mercilessly until I peed my pants when we were kids. They are so not attractive in any way." I said.

    "Except they are." Tessa said as the door opened and Trevor and David walked in.

    "Elise!" The two of them sandwiched me in a giant, man crushing hug. I gasped for air.

    "Release me you fools!" I commanded. They did and grinned.

    "Are you ready to go?" David asked.

    "Yep, got all my stuff." I said, pointing to it.

    "Well, well who do we have here?" Trevor asked, gesturing to Amber and Tessa. "Elise, are these your roommates?"

    "Yes." I said. "Tessa and Amber. My other roommate Jackie left already."

    "You know, if you had told us you had such gorgeous roommates, we might have come over more." David grinned and winked, causing Amber and Tessa to giggle.