Chapter Twenty-five

After our snorkeling excursion was over, we went back to the condo and crashed hard. The sun had almost set by the time we stirred.

    "Ah man, now our sleeping is going to be all outta whack." Tessa said as we all congregated in the kitchen, starving.

    "Good thing we're on vacay." Amber said, taking a bite from a juicy red apple. We originally had planned to grill tonight, but with our impromptu uber nap, we scrapped the grill in favor of a quick meal.

    "Should we hit the pool?" Jackie asked. "Just kind of relax in the hot tub or something."

    "I like the sound of that." I said, popping a chip in my mouth.

    We changed into our swimsuits. I grabbed my phone since Blaine usually called me at night.

    The four of us settled into the bubbling jets of the hot tub. The heat felt wonderful on our sore muscles. Swimming all day had certainly been quite the workout.

    "Today was so fun." Jackie said. "Thanks Amber for suggesting it."

    "Hear hear!" Tessa and I chimed in.

    Amber grinned. "I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I think it was extra fun to have Ian and Marisol with us. They were so nice."

    "I can't believe that they're only a few years older than we are." Tessa said. "It seems like they've done so much."

    "I know right?" I said. "They both have traveled to so many places."

    "Do you think they're dating?" Amber asked. "I didn't want to ask either of them but I kind of got that vibe."

    "Who knows" I shrugged. "Anyway, did anyone get a good look at the sharks?"  My phone went off so I hoisted myself out of the hot tub to answer it, leaving them to talk about the sharks without me.

    "Hey babe." Blaine's deep voice greeted me.

    "Hi." I said, settling onto one of the lounge chairs.

    "How was your day?" He asked. I could picture him sprawled across his bed.

    "It was so fun! We went snorkeling and had a blast." I told him all about seeing the sea turtles and the sharks. "And then, like the klutz I am, I totally lost one of my flippers. Luckily Ian helped me out. He also kept me from being shark bait." I chuckled.

    "Who's Ian?" Blaine asked. "The instructor?"

    "Oh Ian? No, he was just a guy who came on our excursion." I said. "Him and his girlfriend." I added, after hearing Blaine's silence. I knew he wouldn't like hearing about another guy hanging around while he wasn't with me so I fibbed a little, sue me.

    "What else did you girls do?" Blaine seemed to be fine now that I had mentioned Marisol.

    "Not much. Came home and slept. Snorkeling really takes it out of you." I said.

    "I know something else we could have done, if you were here, that would have the same effect." Blaine said. I blushed, knowing exactly what he was implying.

    "Blaiine..." I said, scandalized.

    "What? I miss you. It's been forever since I got to touch you. Kiss you."

    "It's only been a couple days."  I twirled my ponytail around my finger.  Had I really only been gone for such a short amount of time?  Crazy.  It felt longer.

    "So you're saying that you don't miss me? Ouch." His tone became hard and clipped.

    "Blaine, that's not what I-"