Chapter 6: "Trust me"

Ezra woke up to find Sabine laying in his arms

At the same moment Sabine began to wake up.

For even more perfect timing the rest of the crew came in to this picture

"Quickly! Film it Kanan!" Hera whispered

"Steady and-and done!" Kanan said proudly

Ezra and Sabine shot up blushing and stammering

"Uh we just us.." Sabine started

"...Fell asleep.." Ezra added

"Holding eachother!" The rest of the crew said cheerfully

Sabine and Ezra groaned

The rest of the crew exited giggling.

Just like the day before, Ezra left Sabine to get ready. Then they both met in the cockpit for breakfast.

It was planned to be a typical day. Ezra and Sabine hanging around, dealing with the extreme *Sabezra shippers* that they lived with-the usual.

Except that this day was not like the others.

This day was dangerous

Sabine and Ezra were in the middle of a conversation when Hera burst in.

"Heraaaaa" Ezra groaned

"We aren't in the mood for more crazy fangirling over here!" Sabine said laughing

"This is serious" Hera said

Ezra and Sabine could tell something was wrong and followed her quickly.

"It's Kanan-he-he" Hera began to cry.

This shocked Ezra and Sabine.

Hera never cried.

"What? What's happened to Kanan?" Ezra asked, concerned.

"Do you know the rancor pit on lothal?" Hera asked, through sobs

"Yea....it's a dangerous place. Those rancors eat whatever falls in." Ezra replied, uneasy.

"K-Kanan is in it." Hera blurted out

"He's WHAT?" Sabine asked, shocked

Hera continued to cry "He was practicing his training and he couldn't see the hole..."

"Is he....a....alive?" Ezra asked, worried

Hera nodded "I got a signal from him on the comm.  He's been trying to fight them off but he's injured."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Sabine asked grabbing her mandalorian helmet.

"Lets go." She said

After the quick ride to Lothal, Ezra told the plan. Hera would lower the Ghost as far down the hole as possible. Upside down. Ezra would climb out, using gravity locks on his boots, to hold him onto the ship. He would lower Sabine using the force, and she'd grab Kanan. Then in turn, Ezra would lift them both up.

It was a good plan. The question was-is Ezra strong enough?

Soon enough the Ghost got about halfway down the hole, before it couldn't go any further. Kanan was desperately trying to fend off the rancors, but they were closing in.

Ezra grabbed Sabines waist and began to lower her down. His next step was to let go, and only hold her via the force. Before he did however, he spoke with her.

"Don't worry-I've got you." He said reassuringly.

"I know you do Ezra. But...if something happens....I...I love you." Sabine said worried

"Don't talk like that! I won't let anything happen to you." Ezra said firmly.

"I know you won't, Ezra Bridger." Sabine smirked

"I won't let you down, Sabine Wren." Ezra said

"Trust me."

And with that he began to lower her down.

Slowly he lowered her using the force. She nearly had Kanan.

"Jump Kanan!" She ordered.

He jumped, just as one of the rancors snapped forward, just missing Kanans leg.

Sabine held on to Kanan.

"Pull us up Ezra!" She shouted

Ezra began to lift them slowly. It was a lot harder with Kanans added weight. He could hardly hold them.

*I need to let go* his body was telling him. *no I can't-Sabine-Kanan*

Just as he was about to lose his grip he opened his eyes.

There they were. Sabine had her hand out stretched to grab Ezra's.

He quickly pulled them both to safety, and the Ghost flew out of there.

After Kanan thanked them all several times, Ezra and Sabine were finally alone again.

"I almost failed-I almost dropped you!" Ezra said panicking.

"And yet you didn't. You managed you keep me up. And for that I am forever greatful" Sabine said lovingly.

And little did they know, that outside their door, were Hera, Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper. All listening in...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment and tell me whatcha think! ~Jade 😊💜💙