Chapter 44: Family Lost

This time the story was actually back on track.

The weddings were over and it was back to sabezra.

Glorious, beautiful, sabezra.

Sabine and Ezra really just wanted to enjoy a few minutes together as a couple, but that didn't happen.

No there was a new mission, and an important one at that.

Hera had been taken by the Empire.

How did this happen? Well let's just say it all started back at the wedding.

Everyone was leaving. The characters were finally gone and everyone seemed back to normal.

But as Kanan learned the hard way, contacting the Empire never works out....

Thrawn had been plotting to take down the Rebellion, but that kriffing Twi'lek pilot had stopped him.

He figured if he took her out-the Rebellion would be hopeless.

Before anyone could react, they had Hera and were flying away.

Any Sabezra would have to wait.

Zeb offered to fly the ship, but Sabine intervened. They all remembered what happened last time.

Sabine instead took the controls and piloted the ship. Ezra, Chop, Kanan, and Zeb, thought of the plan.

Sabine couldn't go undercover this time since she was flying. Kanan and Ezra were Jedi. They shouldn't be anywhere else but ready to fight.

Good luck trying to fit Zeb into a storm trooper uniform. Chop could go in as a droid, but the chances of that working were far to low.

Then Ezra had an idea.

"Sabine. Crash the ship into the side of the Star Destroyer." He said calmly.

"Into the side of the Star Destroyer?! ARE YOU INSANE?!" Sabine shrieked.

"Just trust me!" Ezra assured.

Sabine was uneasy, but did so anyway.

"Hang on....." she said as she piloted the ship and crashed it.

Everyone crashed into the ground.

Chop had to use his anti gravity locks to remain stable.

Immediately troopers came running over with their weapons drawn.

Kanan and Ezra took them out.

Sabine got out of the ship and began shooting, next to Zeb.

There was a lot of troopers.

Kanan needed to stay behind.

"Go! Get Hera!" He yelled through the smoke.

Ezra nodded and ran.

He found a cell and opened it.

Inside he found Hera.

Except she wasn't okay.

She was unconscious on the ground, and didn't have any signs of life:

In fact upon closer inspection he discovered the sickening truth.

She had been stabbed with a lightsaber.

Ezra gasped lightly, and tried to carry Hera out of there.

Ezra reached the ship to where the fight had only increased in difficulty.

Kanan had to stop fighting to her Hera inside the ship.

Ezra was helping Kanan when he glanced over.

To his horror, Sabine had been disarmed, and an imperial officer had his gun pointed at her head, about to pull the trigger.

Ezra let out a cry and ran toward her, not even thinking.

Zeb, who was closer to Sabine, acted quickly.

"No!" He screamed, as he pushed Sabine out of the way.

The imperial officer pulled the trigger.

It hit Zeb.

Sabine grasped her arm. It had been a pretty hard shove. Ezra force pushed the officer away, and he fell out of the gaping hole, into space.

Ezra glanced at Sabine but she gave him a look as to say she was okay.

He then ran to Zeb.

He wasn't breathing.

The blaster had hit him with full force.

This wasn't a situation where they had a chance of saving him.

No this time....

Zeb really was dead.

SO GUESS WHO GOT BACK ON TRACK AND WROTE DRAMA? THIS GAL. I had such bad writers block and writing those chapters really helped. Now imma be back on track, and make normal romantic/dramatic chapters. So whatcha think? Zeb died. He just died. I didn't plan that either lmao. I just kinda wrote it. ANYWAY tell me what you thought. ~Jade