Chapter 26: Rescue

The plan was motion.

Everyone was in their potion.

Sabine disguised herself as a peasant and put on a set of cuffs.

Kanan was in his storm trooper disguise along with Rex.

"Are you ready Sabine?" Kanan asked her, as they were about to board the imperial ship.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She said, taking a deep breath.

"I'll send in the codes so we can board" Rex said, punching in the codes.

"You are all clear for landing in bay 3" the voice said over the comm.

Hera said she could hold position for a little-but that they'd need to hurry.

Once the empire knew they were there, they'd be all over them.

Zeb and chopper snuck into the hanger and planted bombs, for a distraction.

Kanan, Rex, and Sabine went to go rescue Ezra.

"Follow me" Kanan said, leading Sabine and Rex.

They were suddenly stopped by two storm troopers guarding the hanger door.

There were imperial officers around so Kanan couldn't use a mind trick for this. They'd have to talk their way out of this one.

"Halt! Where are you taking the prisoner?" One trooper asked.

Kanan had no idea what to say.

"To area 6-20" Rex said, without skipping a beat.

"We can take her the rest of the way." The other trooper said, and started to take Sabine away.

"Uhh-no! That's alright we got her." Kanan said, trying to pull Sabine back.

"Protocol trooper! You drop them off here remember?" One trooper said, pulling Sabine toward him.

From the way they were holding Sabine, she was facing Kanan and Rex. She mouthed the words "Just go with it".

"Er uh...Yes sir!" Rex and Kanan said together, and started to walk away.

The two storm troopers started leading Sabine to a cell.

"Just great! Where are they taking her? And what do we do now?!" Kanan said, flustered.

"Don't worry. The area I told them was the cell next to Ezras." Rex said, smirking.

"Oh...then good work!" Kanan said, surprised.

Hera had contacted Kallus and he had arranged for less troopers around Ezras cell.

It was nice having a double agent on the Empire side.

Sabine was being led by the troopers.

She wanted to punch them so bad, but she knew she had to keep up the act.

They led her to her cell and she also knew that Ezra's was next to hers.

Perfect.

Sabine was in her cell, so now she just had to get out.

Oh wait! She still had her explosives.

This is why she always carried them.

She set a small explosive in the corner, and backed away as far as possible.

Boom!

The door opened and two troopers rushed in.

She took them out immediately.

"Now to rescue Ezra." She mumbled to herself.

She went to Ezra's cell and took out those troopers as well.

She opened the door.

Ezra was there.

But...

He wasn't himself..

He was unconscious.

Then she saw it.

Blood.

Ezra had been...shot?

No.....

His arm had been cut by what appeared to be a lightsaber.

An inquisitor...

Tears filled Sabines eyes and she saw Ezra laying there like that.

But she knew she had to get him, and get out of there.

She picked up Ezra gently, and tore off some of her sleeve. She wrapped it around his arm where the wound was.

Then she ran, carrying him.

She also had a gun that had been hidden on her belt (she had gotten the cuffs off with it earlier) and she ran through the halls, trying to shoot troopers while carrying Ezra.

She met up with Kanan and Rex in the hanger, who were in the middle of a shoot fest with some troopers.

Kanan saw Ezra and gasped.

"You fire, and I'll take Ezra onto the Ghost!" Kanan said, taking Ezra from Sabine.

Sabine nodded and handed Ezra to Kanan. She then started firing at the troopers with Rex.

Hera came through on the comm.

"We have got to get out of here! Now!" Hera said, sounding frantic.

Sabine and Rex started back to the ship, dodging blaster fire. Zeb and Chopper followed behind. They had finished setting the bombs in the hanger.

Aboard the ship, Hera was firing at the imperial ships that were attacking, while Kanan took Ezra to medical bay, with Sabine following close behind.

Zeb set the bombs off and the station blew up.

Hera got the ship into hyperspace and they took off.

Now they had to deal with the fact that Ezra has been stabbed with a lightsaber.

Not just on his arm, his leg and stomach too. He was in critical condition.

Why had the inquisitor stabbed him but didn't kill him outright? They didn't know, but they did know that they had to save Ezra.

Now.

Sabine was on edge waiting for the medic droid to finish up.

After three hours of waiting, Sabine was allowed to see Ezra.

He was still unconscious, but the medic droid said he should be fine.

Sabine walked into the room, and started tearing up, seeing Ezra in such a state.

She lay her head down on his shoulder (the one that wasn't injured) and began to fall asleep.

Before she did, she whispered the words "I love you Ezra Bridger"

So I started writing an authors note and erased it 😂😂😂 so I'm going to simplify this one. ILY all so much so thanks for reading! I never dreamed I'd have this many reads!!!!! Next chapter Ezra will wake up (or will he? 😎😏😂) so stay tuned! I luv y'all. Thanks for reading! Leave comments and thoughts! Mwah! 😘 ~Jade R 💜