Chapter 29: Kelir gar marry ni sabine?

NOTE! The title is written in Mando'a. I did this because it says what it is but it's harder to read 😏 you'll find out at the end! Okay continue.

So it was finally happening.

Ezra was going to propose to Sabine.

He was also getting an arm-but that wasn't as exciting as proposing to Sabine Wren, the love of his life.

Kanan had several ideas, including having an Imperial Star Destroyer drop a banner that read "Sabine will you marry me?", but Ezra just shook his head at that, while Hera faceplamed for the millionth time.

"What? It'd be a good idea!" Kanan protested, crossing his arms.

Hera stared at her wedding ring wondering why she had married this guy.

The actual plan was that Ezra was going to take Sabine on a date for her birthday, and would accidentally drop the small box. When she opened it he would get down on his knee, and propose to her.

Ezra fell asleep that night with Sabine by his side. She refused to leave his bedside, and although he was much better, the medic droid insisted he spend another night in the medic bay, just to be safe.

Ezra woke up that morning, with butterflies in his stomach. He was going to propose to Sabine today. He was super nervous, but also quite excited. He had a chance at marrying the girl of his dreams.

Sabine had already left the room when Ezra woke up. Hera came in and told him that she was painting a storm trooper helmet for him, kinda as a little surprise.

Ezra smiled, and got up to see her.

(A/N this is a little scene just for SabineWren05 and I got the photo from her, although I believe the photo is by Meldy-Arts )

CUTE RIGHT?! Okay back to the story..

Ezra found Sabine in her room painting the helmet. Ezra knelt in front of her and couldn't take his eyes off her. She was so focused as she painted the helmet with the Rebel Alliance Starbird symbol.

He didn't realize how intently he was staring.

She looked up and saw Ezra staring deep into her eyes.

"Ezra. You're staring again." Sabine said, giggling and blushing.

"Uh..oops." Ezra said, blushing and hiding his face.

Sabine smiled and lifted up the helmet. "This is for you Ezra." She said, smiling.

Ezra had a dorky grin on his face as he said "Thanks Sabine! I love it."

They both smiled at each other a moment, and then Ezra said.

"I-I know today's your birthday. I was thinking maybe we could go out..." Ezra said, stuttering.

Sabine smiled and blushed. Then she said "Of course. Let me just change out of my armor. Then we can go." She then got up, and went into the bathroom to change.

Ezra ran and tidied himself up, then he came back to find Sabine standing there.

She was stunning in a long purple dress with the rebel alliance symbol lined across the bottom.

"Do you like it? I colored it myself." She said, smiling and blushing.

"I don't just like it, I love it." Ezra said, staring again.

She blushed, then took his arm, and they walked into the hills of Lothal.

They were having a wonderful time.

But now it was finally time for Ezra to *accidentally* drop the box, containing the ring.

"Oh!" Sabine quietly gasped. "You dropped this box!" Sabine said, picking it up.

"Oh? Why don't you see what's in it..." Ezra said, his heart racing.

Sabine gently opened the box, then her eyes grew wide and she looked at the small ring, laying in the soft pink satin lined box.

Ezra slowly got down on one knee, shaking.

"Sabine Wren, Kelir gar marry ni?" Ezra said the last part speaking Mando'a, just for her.

She gasped and looked down at him. The one she loved was asking her to be his wife. She slowly smiled and looked him in the eyes. She knew what she was going to say before she said it.

"Elek Ni Kelir, Ezra Bridger"

EEEEEKKKK IM SCREAMINGGG AYYYYY AODNQJKD (okay I'm done now) ANYWAY this chapter was AMAZING to write. Eeeeek! And let me just clarify some of the Mando'a words. So the title, and what he said to Sabine were "will you marry me?" And what Sabine said to Ezra was "Yes I will". (The Sabine and Ezra you could read in English so I didn't add that in, and in Mando'a the words stay the same.) Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, and I'll be adding more Mando'a in the future chapters. Also I have started writing the book I talked about in the last chapter, but I'm only like 2-300 words in, and it had to be at least 2K words a chapter. So that WILL take awhile to write, just a heads up. So ya. Also remember to check out my Instagram @sabine_wren_rebels 💜 I post lots of Star Wars stuff, and updates! I luv ya all and thanks for reading! Mwah! ~Jade R