Chapter 46: Darkness takes over

Sabine fell into a state of darkness.

Hera had since recovered and assured Sabine that it wasn't her fault. She had to choose and she did. It wasn't favoritism, she just had to make a choice.

Everyone assured her of this.

Sabine just refused to accept it.

She awoke in her room-now hers and Ezras, and looked over at Ezra, sleeping peacefully.

She smiled at him as he took slow steady breaths.

She sat up and walked across the hall to what had been Zebs room.

She looked at the drawing of Zeb and Ezra that she had made years ago.

She smiled at the memories, and then began to cry when she remembered.

She dried her tears, and went back into her room.

She carefully grabbed her graffitied bag and filled it with a few items.

Some clothes, explosives, and spray paint.

She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a small note.

It read.

Dear Ezra,

I'm so sorry for leaving...but I can't stay here any longer. Not now. I know you'll want to come, but I have to do this on my own. Without the crew...and without you. I haven't forgiven myself for what happened with Zeb, and I probably won't ever. I love you Ezra Bridger.

~Sabine Wren Bridger

Sabine set the note on the desk and walked to the door.

She stopped, and turned back to gaze upon Ezra one last time.

A tear rolled down her cheek, and she closed the door.

She boarded the Phantom 2 and set the course for Naboo.

It was pretty and peaceful there. Perhaps exactly what Sabine needed.

Perhaps she needed a life somewhere where she wouldn't be reminded me of the people who suffered a loss because of her actions.
And so Sabine landed the Phantom near the sparkling clear lake.

It was the middle of the night, and there weren't any people around, which was good for what she needed to do. Sabine walked over to the stone wall surrounding the lake. She took out her spray paint and started painting a drawing of Zeb.

After a moment, she dropped her spray paint, crying again. She turned facing the lake, letting the gentle breeze strike against her face, her two-toned hair blowing ever slow slightly.

Being with Ezra.. just wouldn't work with what had happened to her. To both of them. She would find a place to stay.. she would build a new life. She had to, for everyone's sake.

Meanwhile, on the Ghost, Ezra awoke, sensing something wasn't right.

He immediately knew something was wrong when he couldn't find Sabine. He jumped up and noticed the note on the desk.

He read it and began to shake.

He screamed and went running to Hera and Kanans room.

They read the note and immediately were panicked.

"Where would she go?" Kanan asked, thinking aloud.

"Naboo." Ezra said without a second thought "She always admired the lake... she would've gone there if she wanted to be alone. We need to go I-I can't leave her."

Hera nodded and ran to the controls. She set the course for Naboo and they took off.

Meanwhile, Sabine was walking along the edge of the lake, letting her feet just barely graze the waters edge. But.. something in her stopped.

This wasn't right.

As much as she wanted to leave, to hide.. she couldn't.

She had regretted leaving Ezra the moment she walked out of the room.

She had to go back.

She had to.

She turned away from the lake, letting the peaceful air of Naboo surround her for a final time, before she would inevitably make the journey home.

"Sabine?" Ezra's voice called out. Wow. She really must've been going crazy if she was already hearing his voice after an hour apart from him. She kept walking.
"Sabine?!" He called again, but this time his hand was on her shoulder, and she spun around to look at him.

"Ezra!" She wrapped her arms around him. Hera stayed back, letting them have their moment.

"Ezra I.." he cut her off with a kiss.

"It doesn't matter. You're here.. and that's all that matters. I love you." He ruffles her hair again, and in that moment.. she knew it would be alright.

"I love you too."

Ummm.. updated authors note.
(November 2020)
The original end of this book/this chapter was really problematic. No one seemed to have a problem with it, but I really did. You'll notice it's been edited, sorry if anyone was reading it. I fixed it in a way that stayed true to the theme of the story, but was way more kid friendly and not dark or anything. Thank you for all the continued support of these stories, love you.

~Jade

(The authors note below is old)
Okay so this may seem dark and dramatic AF but the reason being is that I'm ending the story soon (BEFORE you freak, I'm making a sequel, so don't worry lol.) and I need to build it up for the end. Kinda why we had those fun chapters is cuz I needed to give us all some happiness and laughter before this. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!