Chapter Thirty-Five

It was about seven in the morning, and Titus still just laid there. His stomach was pressed into the mattress, coating the thin sheets with sweat as labored breaths passed in and out of his mouth. With his head pressed into his pillow, all he saw were the stars that came from eyelids being so tightly shut.

The stars still remained there as Titus unlocked all his tense muscles until he was sinking into the soft, sheet-covered mattress with a low groan. Every nerve ending in his body was tingling with the need to possess, stroke, and be relieved. But his relief had fallen asleep hours ago with not a word from that mouth he still imagined was all over him.

The picture of Anna biting, kissing, and licking everywhere on his body did nothing to alleviate his aching erection, making him tense up again. He didn't open his eyes for what felt like an eternity, just keeping his head pressed into the soft pillows with his arms over his head and body pressed into the bed for fear of actually looking at the woman who was currently sleeping in his bed with her body much to close to his.

But even worse than the adrenaline that was preparing him for the wild bout of love making that he knew would come eventually was the way his mind kept thinking. All of his thoughts rushed through his head in a pace that he himself – the owner of these thoughts – couldn't even process.

If she was going to finally act on the physical feelings that he knew had been rushing through her body just as they had his. If Anna was maybe feeling something on the more emotional level and just thinking things through like she always had to do. Or just what she would say as soon as she came out of the bathroom to see him wearing the simple pants.

It would be easy to just roll over, pull her in for a hug, and then press his mouth and other parts of his body against hers until he made sure that she couldn't say no. But that wasn't how this was supposed to go.

No, she was supposed to come to him first out of her own free will and choice. That would be when he'd be absolutely sure, and he could finally tell her without scaring her off or making things extremely agitated between then until he got frustrated and made her pity him.

Titus didn't want her pity.

Scowling just the slightest bit at just the mere thought of Anna feeling sorry for him and saying something that she didn't mean, Titus got out of bed, his arousal slowly dissipating. He paced around the room as good sense filled his mind and finally got him to at least think straight when it came to the woman snoring lightly in his bed.

Rays of sunset cast their light through the window, covering his bare chest and arms, only baring managing to escape through the spaces where his arms created a space from being braced on the window sill.

Titus had a very optimistic suspicion that she had wanted him, and if he was lucky, still did. It had been told by the way her breathing had picked up at a hurried pace and how he had been able to feel her hands literally trembling against bare skin as her scent had surrounded him.

Closing his eyes just one more time to savor that moment, Titus finally willed himself to actually walk towards where his wife was. The wild curls of her hair were spread out on the pillow that was now finally being used, inviting him to tangle his fingers within the messiness or maybe comb through the curls with gentle strokes.

So that was what he did. Placing his hand on the side of her head with a light touch, Titus smoothed his slightly sweaty fingers down her head, through her curls, and back, repeating the process until her eyelids fluttered open, scanned the room for a fraction of a second, and then closed once again as she mumbled something under her breath.

Dotted with the small dusting of freckles, her face was upturned to him, her lips parted and her breath fanning his face. Once again, Titus found himself captured by the mere picture of those lips and leaned forward until his almost brushed against hers when Anna actually did wake up this time, her eyes wide as she bolted up from the bed.