Chapter Forty-Five

They went on a lot of dates in the next couple of weeks, going to all sorts of places and doing all sorts of things. From buying a variety of different chocolates from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, simply just going to her appointments, to writing out the invitations for the baby shower, everything was considered a date. They were even going to count the upcoming weekend's birthing classes as a date.

Anna would stand still sometimes whenever they were out, just to watch Titus fidget while he sat, smile, or interact with other people. He would always give her a weird look before raising a gentle hand to her cheek and dropping a kiss that would quickly have her entire body heating up.

It was usually at that time when they would get into the truck, drive to somewhere secluded or back home, and then make love, as if they hadn't just lazily done the same thing that very morning. He sometimes climaxed a little too early, but she didn't mind. For having been abstinent for a little over nine years, Titus was simply amazing.

But, Anna knew as she looked down at the man sleeping in her arms, that certain quality of being amazing didn't only apply to activities in bed. He read to Ella, talked with their daughter, and simply just talked with the unborn girl, making her tear up and tearing up himself whenever she kicked or moved against their hands. Titus was generally an all-around breathtaking person whom Anna was lucky to have.

He cheered up her up when she was in a sour mood, rubbed her back that was beginning to ache more and more now, and stopped by at the elementary school with a new batch of flowers to replace the old, dying ones he had gotten her.

They walked into town, as if they were celebrities, for everybody greeted them. Everybody asked her how little Ella was doing and just how many football players Titus was hoping to make. He replied with a knowing look her way before dropping a kiss onto her lips and saying a number that was in the double digits.

Bending down, Anna kissed his forehead, closing her eyes to just be in this moment with her sleeping husband. “I love you,” she whispered and cuddled him closer to her own naked body.

With the back of his resting in between the valley of her sensitive breasts, Titus's face was turned up to her, allowing Anna to see all of him. She saw that scar at the top of his lips and the laugh lines indented in his cheeks. In sleep, his face was blank, not holding any emotion, only an otherworldly calmness that she knew was within him.

Running her hands through his slightly shaggy hair, Anna checked the alarm clock that was on the nightstand, wishing that she had more than just a few more minutes with him before he had to get to complete the ranch work. Leaning over his lightly snoring form, she hit the Off button before the alarm began. Titus grumbled a little bit before shifting back into a deep sleep that should be waken up more gently than the harshness of an aggravating, repetitive tone.

A few minutes later, when it was exactly five in the morning, she placed a smattering of kisses on his face, reaching under the covers to trail her hands up and down his solid thighs. He groaned, a low, gravelly timbre that did terrible, amazing things to her.

One eye popped open and then another before he was reaching forward and bringing her into a kiss so hot that it almost scorched her mouth. His tongue delved between the seam of her lips, melding with hers until they were one. Anna felt hands dig into the sides of her hips, and the next thing she knew she was on top of his thighs, the very tip of him pressing into her center. She moved down with one movement of her legs, moaning her pleasure at how well he filled her.

“Mornin',” he said, voice gruff and eyes only half-open.

She smiled, her toes curling as he moved inside of her. “Good morning.”