Chapter Fifty-Two

“Honey?” Anna heard Titus call a few aisles down. “Can you come over here?”

Picking her two favorite scents that she had debated about for a long time, she put the bottles in her little basket and then walked down to find her husband. They were currently in one of Broxton Mall's pharmacies, scouring through stores to find just what they needed for tonight. Even before arriving, they'd made a solid plan of action. He would go and find the appropriate lubricant and condoms, while she would find heavenly smelling massage oil.

As of now, her part of the mission was complete. She'd picked out the flavors of 'Sandalwood' and 'Rose' to accompany their love fest tonight, leaving Titus to just find the other two things that he dubbed appropriate. Then they and a peaceful Ella could head back home and do anything and everything.

Everything, she thought to herself, trying to figure out just what her husband's version of “everything” was. From what she could see now – his sturdy rear end up in the air and hands on his knees as he squinted at something on a shelf just above Ella's car seat – Titus would certainly have high expectations for that word. High expectations and plans that Anna couldn't wait to hear about and do.

She walked closer until she could rest her hand on his lower back. “You summoned me?”

“Well,” he said, chuckling and reaching back to clasp her hand, “it says here that they have lubricants and then lubricants with sensation, and I don't know which one to pick. What do you think?”

“I think that you should just pick something so that we can finally go home and actually-”

“This one, then,” he more announced than said, holding up a box of Yours and Mine K-Y Jelly.

Rolling her eyes playfully, she stood up on her tiptoes to place a soft kiss on his lips. Only this one wasn't so soft. Having other plans, Titus just latched his hands into her hair and deepened the kiss. She didn't mind, only thrusting her tongue into his mouth to get another taste of her delicious husband.

He licked his lips after pulling away. “Let's go home.”

Anna couldn't agree more. On their way out, they paid for all the stuff, and she didn't even find herself blushing or fidgeting like she used to. That same confidence that had been instilled awhile ago was still there, getting stronger by the day and with every look Titus gave her. She owed it all to him, and tonight was just the way to show him how much she appreciated her man.

“Anna?” he asked, starting up the truck engine and then looking back at their sleeping baby.

“Yeah?”

“What if she wakes up? Do we, like, just stop and then wait for her to stop crying before going back to it, or...?”

She thought about it, never really realizing just how tricky it would probably be. “If we put her in the swing, she won't wake up. But if she's hungry, then we feed her. And if she messes her diaper, then we just change her.”

“Sounds simple enough.” He grasped her hand.

The rest of the ride was silent, spare for the soft music that played in the background. Words didn't matter, however, for their actions spoke so much louder. Every time Titus released her hand to tinker with something on the radio or steering wheel, she took advantage of it and reached to press her fingertips against the heavy bulge in his pants. When he removed her hand with a throaty, sensual warning, she didn't touch him and just smiled, already feeling the sensations of readiness.

Squirming in her seat, Anna resisted the urge of forcing Titus's hand in between her legs and just tried to sit still for the remainder of the kind ride. The miles, on the other hand, seemed to hate her. They went by with such slowness that by the time they arrived in the driveway and carried everything into the house, she was so flushed that her skin was beginning to perspire.