Chapter Fifty-One

Anna yawned, her fist about to come up and capture the sign of tiredness but stopping short around Titus's burly neck. He mumbled something about how glad he was that Ella was sound asleep in the nursery, his fingers knotting in her unruly, bedhead hair. She, in turn, ran her hands through Titus's hair, feeling the short, coarse texture.

“You got a haircut,” she said, pulling his head down so that he leaned against her chest.

“You already told me that.” He curled his arms around her frame, and his head tilted up to lick at the erogenous zone based at the side of her neck.

“But that still doesn't change the fact that you got a haircut,” she said and smiled to herself as she remembered their conversation last night.

It had been a shorter and rather random communication session, that was for sure, but Anna had enjoyed it all the same. He'd come into the house, after going to the barber shop, and had just swooped her up in this giant hug that warmed Anna even now. Kisses had been planted all over her face, neck, and breasts, a giant grin on his face as she kissed him right back.

The kiss, like all the others after their little discussion in the shower, had been wonderful. They'd both been relaxed, and Ella hadn't even interrupted. More and more kisses had been placed on her throughout the past two weeks, giving evidence to Titus's great mood. It was as if all the fighting had suddenly disappeared, just leaving them and Ella to be the family that they would always be.

He'd finally taken her word of promise that Hunter would never come back, and it made her feel just so connected with him. More connected than ever. He no longer spent endless, sleepless hours on the computer, most likely looking for all sorts of lawyers. Instead, he was just back to the man whom she trusted with her life – with Ella. And she hadn't been able to and still couldn't stop herself from looking at him.

So she'd said the obvious, that he had gotten a haircut, he looked absolutely gorgeous and edible, and that she loved him to pieces. That was when Anna had showed him just how edible he was, pushing him down onto the couch and trailing her lips and tongue all over until he'd climaxed with not even a single touch from her onto his arousal.

It had been fun, listening to his pillow talk afterward – just a mindless rambling that had quieted once their little girl had began crying. They'd fed, diapered, and then read to her before going back into their bedroom and going to sleep for the night. It had been the closest thing to the perfect night, the only thing topping it would be their first ever intimacy that wouldn't be restricted at all. That night would be tonight; her six-week check up appointment was in a few hours.

“Anna?” Titus asked from his spot at her chest.

“Yeah?”

“Are we really gonna do it tonight?”

It?” She smiled.

He ran his tongue along the bottom of her chin and gave her a sheepish smile. “Ya know...make love?”

“I guess. But if you don't want to, then we don't have-”

His mouth silenced her teasing words, his entire body soon looming over hers. Looking into his eyes, she kissed him back with an equal intensity, welcoming the onslaught. Their tongues clashed and melded into one, their bodies only a few inches apart with the sheets covering Titus's lower half.

With unwavering hands, she moved the sheets off of him and then tangled her fingers into his short, cropped hair. It bristled against her palms, its short length feeling so new and refreshing compared to what it had been that Anna could only close her eyes and feel him. It wasn't all of him, but it was enough, for she knew that tonight she would know him in every which way imaginable.