Chapter Two

Chapter two

As I walked walked to school the next morning I had the strangest feeling I was being watched. It couldn't be by my dad's body guards, they stopped going to school with me after the whole "End of the year" incident... I don't really want to talk about it.

Finally my daily prison sentence was over. At 3:00 I ran out of the building, my backpack holding on for dear life around my shoulders.

Gosh dang it. I couldn't escape quick enough.

The group of kids that go the same way as me quickly followed.

Every time one of them could find a rock or anything along the way they aimed their best and threw it at me. Sadly, they have really good aim since most of them were football players.

I shouldn't even be in middle school!

Luckily it's the end of the year, so it'll be summer soon.

And when summer rolls arundel, I get to start my internship!

I groaned and clutched my shoulder after a very large rock hit me, I looked over my shoulder for the attacker but the group was already turning their corner.

Twenty minutes later I heard the too common sound of a fight.

I slipped my backpack off and held it by the strap in my hand.

P-Please, p-p-please!" A man cried out, his voice gurgled as if some liquid kept going into his mouth as he tried to speak.

Another man, this one bigger, laughed and punched the man in the stomach once again.

I couldn't just stand there, I had to do something.

The men were over double my size so there wasn't really much I could do.

"What do I do?" I murmured, and immediately an extremely stupid idea popped into my head.

It was a horrible idea, but it could work. I dropped my backpack silently and stepped into the entrance of the alleyway.

"Stop." I boomed.

The man looked up and grinned. "Scram kid, this is an adult matter."

"Stop or I'll—"

"You'll what? Yell to mommy?"

"Stop or you won't like to consequences." I stepped closer to the man, clenching my fists.

"Look around kid, this is New York, there isn't any help around. Go play with your dolls, or go to your ballerina class."

"Leave. Him. Alone. This is your last warning."

"Until what?"

"Until I beat you 'till you have trouble breathing."

"That's cute." The man scoffed, realised that his victim was trying to crawl away and pulled the man back.

I clenched my fist.

He stepped forward and went to pick me up, I ducked under his arm and elbowed him right next to the spine with so much force that he immediately went down.

"Go. Run. He'll get back up soon." I told the man.

He crawled away slowly and the other man started to stir.

"Come on." I grabbed the man's arm and hoisted up, then walked him into the nearest building, a pub.

"Hey, no kids in here!" The barman argued my presence.

"Someone call this man a cab, or an ambulance, whatever's faster." I ordered and set him in a chair next to the bar.

Without waiting for their response, I jogged out, grabbed my backpack and ran home, I couldn't be late or my father would kill me.