Chapter thirty one

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Past midnight, past dawn, we were still training.

You must impress the Inventor.

That's what they kept telling us.

Alivia was the only one that had to stop and rest, she wasn't built for this much of a beating. But I was.

Something's up with Agent Barnes, something isn't right about him. Everytime he is given an order he almost... fights it. But how? How can he still fight? How can he keep fighting after this?

"Klinge Der Nacht!" My handler yelled.

"Yes sir!" I boomed.

"Keep your eyes on the enemy!"

"Yes sir!"

I locked eyes with the training dummy and continued fighting.

I wish I could stop, stop fighting, stop being controlled.

Agent Barnes could stop, why couldn't I?

He is older, wiser, stronger. You are weak.

I am weak.

Remember that.

I will.

I continued fighting until the alarms started blaring. Then I froze.

An agent ran in and whispered something to my handler.

He hissed a response then ordered all of us around.

Agent Barnes and I walked over to him, both of us breathing heavy.

"Grab the experiment." He ordered me.

I nodded then walked over and heaved Alivia over my shoulder. Handler had us load into an SUV. As the driver sped down the highway, the unmistakable crack of the pavement below us boomed. Before I could react the SUV flipped and smashed against the pavement.

My head was thrown against the ceiling, my vision blurred, and my head exploded in pain.

"Ugh." I clutched my head.

Firm and worn hands grasped my upper arms and pulled me free of the wreckage.

"That can't be Supergirl, no way." A voice spoke.

"It's her, don't worry." Agent Barnes assured the voice.

I groaned and struggled against my kidnappers, they must've been an enemy of Hydra, trying to send a message.

No one is safe, not even you.

Yes, that had to be it.

When I got one hand released I swung around and kicked the man in the head, sending him to the ground.

I was thrown to the side by the metal suit, I let out a silent yell of pain then waited for the suit to circle back.

"Not this time." The robotic voice growled and tackled me to the side again.

They pinned me to the ground, the strength of the suit was too much for me.

"Go. To. Sleep." The suit punched me in the head with each word.

After a few more punches my eyes rolled up into my head and my body went limp.

I opened my eyes to see a room. No entrance. No exit. No way out.

The ringing in my ears wouldn't go down, and I didn't dare stand, for fear that my dizziness would cause me to fall over.

I had to focus on something, on anything. Maybe if I could hear something then I could figure out a location.

"Let me see her!" A girl's voice begged.

"No. Not like this. She's different now."

"She can't be that different."

"She is."

"Then at least let me watch."

The voice went silent, almost contemplating.

"Fine, but only because you'll hack into the security cameras if I say otherwise."