Chapter forty five

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

"What did you do to them?" I growled.

"What makes you think you can speak back to me?" He spat.

I slipped the headphones off and looked to Bruce and Bucky.

"Take off your mics. I don't want you to hear this." I sighed and put the headphones back on. "What do you want?"

"You."

"Well, then too bad. I'm not your daughter anymore." I spat.

"Don't take that tone with me. I have a gun on everyone's head in this room. Don't think I won't pull the trigger. Or make you do it. Like last time. Don't you remember the good old days?"

"What, when you were drunk and a washup inventor that couldn't make a name for himself even if he tried?"

On the other side of the line I heard a gun cock.

"This one is on Stark. I heard from a little birdy that you're adopted now. A little traitor until the end."

"Don't you dare." I started to stand.

"Uh uh uh, we'll have none of that. Oh I have an idea so we can have a proper chat." He hissed, "Get that one over to one of the chairs. Strap her in... Give me my special syringe."

"Don't touch Natasha."

There was no response.

"Dammit! Listen to me! If you touch her or anyone else I will kill you like I should've a long time ago." I snarled.

"Imagine this traitor, your great heroes on their knees, guns at their pathetic—"

"You are the only pathetic man in that room, other than your bodyguards."

"I need no bodyguards. As you very well know."

"Yeah, great for you. Beating up defenceless people has always been the only fight you could win."

"You better watch your mouth missy or I'll inject this into little Romanoff over here."

"What makes you think she isn't immune to the effects?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No one is."

Sadly, I knew he was right— No one in that room was immune. What he was ready to inject her with was something I knew well. It was made to incapacitate its victims, make them more 'able to be influenced'. We called it the soldier-serum.

"You know I'm right."

"What do you want?"

"To see you, honey."

I took off my headphones and set them on the table, then rubbed my face.

"Is my gun still in the cabinet?" I questioned, my voice breaking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Happy 5.2K!

I hope you all have an excellent Thanksgiving, I know I'll give thanks for every single one of you.

AS ALWAYS

VOTE

COMMENT 

FOLLOW

SAVE

SHARE

AND ALL OF THAT JAZZ!

SEE YOU ALL LATER!