Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

"You are releasing me?" I eyed Agent Coulson.

"Yeah."

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No reason."

"What are you hiding?"

"You aren't giving us answers, so we have no reason to keep you here longer." He lied.

"Your team has proved themselves worthy, if you are in need then you may always request assistance from me, no need to use force."

"I'm still not taking the collar off of you."

"It was worth a try." I shrugged. "Now goodbye Agent Coulson."

A doorway opened in the wall, just big enough for me to fit through, I guess they didn't want me punching through their walls.

I flew away and hoped they wouldn't activate the collar, maybe it was a range thing, maybe if I got far enough then they wouldn't be able to activate it.

I could only hope. But hope didn't get you much, so instead of hoping, I flew as far as I could.

Seconds, minutes, hours, went by.

But I didn't stop flying, I couldn't.

I didn't want too.

But I had to.

I landed on a roof and hid from view, is someone was going to find me, it wouldn't be by accident.

Then I allowed the darkness to engulf me.

Ugh, not again. I thought once I opened my eyes.

Did all bad guys have the same set up for their interrogations?

Me chained to a metal chair this time, and it was bolted to the ground, facing a all metal table.

I blinked.

One of the men in full black, no skin showing, was punching me.

I blinked again.

They were saying things I couldn't quite make out.

Blink.

Pain.

Blink.

One of them cut the sleeves off of my suit.

Blink.

As a farmer would brand a cow, they burned a mark into my right upper arm.

Blink.

Burning, burning pain.

Blink.

They spoke more.

I tried not to listen.

But they made me.

They forced me to listen.

Blink.

Weapons they used on me

Guns, knives, fire, metal.

Countless others that I dare not to speak of.

They got a call and left.

I struggled to breath, at least four ribs were fractured, maybe completely broken.

Someone shook me.

"Hello metal man." I breathed, and smirked, blood trickled from the corner of my mouth.

"I've got her, she's pretty beat up though." He spoke into, what I believed to be an earpiece then he turned back to me. "It's Iron Man."

"Good. Get out of there, quick. More are heading your way Captain."