Chapter forty seven

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

"What? Whoa, no way!" Bruce scrambled away.

"I'm kidding!" I laughed, Bruce breathed a sigh of relief. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. get me two CC's of the soldier serum in a syringe please!" I called.

"Yes ma'am." The A.I. answered.

A syringe started to fill up across the room and I walked around grabbing a alcohol swab.

"What are you doing?" Bruce eyed me.

"Alcohol swabs." I held up the small packet to show him.

"Why?"

"For safety...?"

"The computer doesn't need alcohol swabs." Bruce sighed, as if I were the one that needed to sleep.

"No it doesn't." I slowly shook my head.

"Syringe filled." F.R.I.D.A.Y. infomed me.

"Thanks F.R.I.D.A.Y.." I walked over and grabbed the syringe.

I rolled up my sleeve and sat down, unwrapping the swab.

"Okay, that's not allowed. You are definitely not testing it on yourself." Bruce took the Syringe from the table.

"C'mon Bruce, give it back." I sighed and made a sad attempt to grab it.

"No way! I'm not letting you do this to yourself."

"Then you do it, be my guest." I motioned to the newly sanitized vein. "The worst thing that could possibly happen is me having to bump up the effects. That's literally it. I'm immune to the effects." I shrugged, "go ahead."

"Fine, but only because I don't want you doing it." He huffed and sat down across from me.

I looked away as he inserted the needle and emptied the contents into my vein. For obvious reasons I had always hated needles.

He pulled out the needle, I slumped in my chair and blinked the spots out of my eyes.

"You okay?" He hurriedly bandaged the spot and inspected me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shook my head, sat up, and rolled down my sleeve.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I stood up and walked over to one of our screens. "I just need the effect stronger, I'm immune but I should've been able to feel the effects."

"You did, by the looks of it." He referred to when I had slouched.

"The effects are to make the user lose consciousness and as they're unconscious they have to comply to every noise around them. Not speak their mind like I'm doing right now. Trust me, I've seen enough people under this stupid drug." I spoke as I typed the orders into the computer and it started to obey.

"All done." FRIDAY informed me.

I grabbed the syringe and put a cover on it.

"Let's go. The faster we start this interrogation the quicker it's over." I sighed.

"I agree." Bruce got up and followed me to the elevator.

I handed the syringe to Nat and told her it would work on someone even the biggest immunity.

"Ready?" I questioned Dad.

"I still don't like the idea of you two going in there. It doesn't make sense." Steve sighed.

"Yeah, I know but he hates us most. Bruce you got my laptop ready?" I looked to the man, he gave me a thumbs up and went back to typing.

"Let's go." Dad sighed.

We stepped into the interrogation room and I sat down, Dad stood behind me protectively (But mostly so he wouldn't punch Hunter).

"Well you look like shit." I declared with a smirk, "You look like a drunk idiot— oh wait, you are a drunk idiot."

"I'm not going to play into you games Elizabeth. But let's see if you will like mine. May 29th thirteen years ago."

I sat back and let out a laugh, "What's that? One of the many days You proved how much of an asshole you can be?"

"You don't remember?" He raised an eyebrow then smirked and leaned in. "It's the day you became just like me. Would you like me to tell your little superhero friends?"

"I don't know if you've noticed but I'm nothing like you."

"Oh you're just like me, honey." He snarled.

"Name one way." I crossed my arms.

"We've both killed too many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to count." He leaned back.