Chapter forty four

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

The Avengers (minus Bruce, who was next to me back in the lab) prepared to enter the Hunter estate.

"Cameras are deactivated. Alarms too." I reported into my headset.

They repealed onto the roof. Maria nearly choked on her cigaret when she saw them, she coughed and dropped it.

"Who-who the hell are you?" She questioned.

"Dad put your hand into a fist and extend your arm next to her." I ordered and stood up.

He did so and Maria back up, stumbling to get out of the suit's way.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. activate the hologram."

"Yes Ms. Elizabeth."

The beams of light shot out from the sensor, covering me, the same thing happened on the other side, out of Dad's suit.

"Maria," I spoke, "Let them through, they're friends of mine."

She let out a laugh and stepped to the side, "Punch him for me." She smirked.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Dad murmured after my hologram disappeared and I sat back down.

"Sh, there's guards everywhere. They will kill you."

"What way?" Natasha murmured under her breath.

"At the next turn you and Clint will head to the left stairs, Wanda and Steve go to the other stairs, which leaves Dad to enter from the elevator. So Dad straight ahead, Clint and Nat to the left, Wanda and Steve to the right."

They parted ways and I searched the screens.

"That's not..." I murmured at Natasha and Clint's cameras but shook it off. "It's probably nothing."

"How's everything going?" Bucky came over and sat down next to me.

"It's quiet..." I murmured. "Too— Okay, here we go, this is more like it."

"What's happening?" Dad questioned.

"Hunter's trying to hack into our comms. Bruce, you got this?"

"Yeah, no problem." He nodded.

"Wait, I have an idea. Guys play along." I smirked.

"What're you doing?" Bruce murmured.

"I'm letting him in, but he'll hear a scratchy version. Three... Two... One. Guys be prepared this asshole isn't going to go down without a fight. Touchdown's in two. Get ready for a fight." I threw a pair of headphones at Bucky, he hurriedly slipped them on and I showed him where the mute button was.

"Okay, let's check the mics." Bruce made himself known.

"Everyone have them in?" Steve questioned.

"Yeah, I think so." Natasha spoke.

"Barnes, you and Steve will take down the guards, remember?" I asked.

"Yeah." Steve and Bucky both replied.

"I'll stay in the helicarrier with Banner and take down the cameras." I nodded. "Natasha you'll take Maximoff—"

"We know." Wanda and Natasha spoke in unison.

"Clint, Theo, you guys'll take my father, then we'll make sure Samantha and Marcy take him back to headquarters." I scribbled a note to Bruce and slipped it to him.

"Guys. Security alert! Somebody's trying to hack in." Bruce lied to the team.

"I-I can't get it, Bruce help!" I rolled my eyes and started to combat the hack.

"Yeah, no problem." Bruce sat back and allowed me to rid our systems of the hack.

"Okay guys, we're good. Hunter's out of the system. Back to normal." I sighed.

"You sure?" Bucky questioned.

"Yeah, I'm positive." I nodded.

The rest of the plan went by smoothly until something happened with the cameras.

"What the—" I sat forward and searched the cameras. "Bruce, are you seeing this?"

"Yeah. I— what the heck?" He examined the separate images.

"Wait..." I pulled up an image of a few minutes before, "I knew something wasn't right. Guys you're compromised. Get out of there. Now."

The screens went black, one by one.

"You're too late." A familiar voice hissed through our communication system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

WE ARE OFFICIALLY AT FIVE THOUSAND READS! YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT FIVE THOUSAND!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS

AS ALWAYS

VOTE

COMMENT

SAVE

SHARE

STAR

LOVE

KEEP READING

LOVE YOURSELF

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THESE

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER

YOU GUYS ARE BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEINGS

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE

OF

YOU

EVEN

YOU

WHY 

ARE 

YOU 

STILL 

READING 

THIS

I HAVE A PROBLEM