Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

"You know I'm not stupid... right? I know you're a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent." I laughed at Sky, my new bodyguard, after dad had introduced me to her and I took her into my room.

"What's S.H.I.E.L.D.?" She questioned.

"Don't play dumb, why are you here? You must be of high rank because it took me a while to figure it out. Don't worry, I won't tell him, I'm just glad that S.H.I.E.L.D. had the balls to send another agent in here after they found the last one."

"What last one?"

"I guess they did bury it pretty deep, took me a whole hour to find it." I brought out my laptop. "I guess you have orders to watch my father, don't you?"

She slowly nodded.

I sighed. "What's he gotten himself into this time?"

"Not him, you."

I smirked. "Well, that's a new one." I laughed.

I typed in a few codes and the wall disappeared next to me and a bed came out.

"There you go. Now, first thing's first, hand over your earpiece." I reached out a hand.

"I don't have an earpiece."

"Okay then, if you insist." I sighed and started hacking into the earpiece, I send a high screeching noise through her's and she immediately ripped it out and thrusted it into my hand. "See, that wasn't so hard." I walked over to my desk and sat the earpiece down.

"How'd you know that I had an earpiece in?"

"It was annoyingly obvious. To be honest I'm surprised that my father and his men didn't see it." I laughed while working.

"What're you doing?" She eyed my desk.

"You have to give your team a mission report everyday some time at night, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well then I'll try to keep you alive on one request."

"What?"

"Don't come to my internship. That's it, you can follow me and listen in on my conversations everywhere else but you can't come to my job... deal?"

She sighed. "Fine."

"Okay then, here you go." I handed her the new and improved earpiece.

She eyed it, but took it anyway.

"So what do you guys think I did this time? If it's about me hacking into your guy's mainframe then I already apologized, but if it's not about that then that never happened, just my imagination. You know us kids, such a big imagination."

"It's about— wait, you've hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mainframe?"

"My father ordered it." I shook my head. "What is this all about?" I questioned.

"There's a new superhero in town, have you heard of her?"

"What's their name?"

"Supergirl."

"Never heard of her."

"Are you sure?" She eyed me.

"Positive."

Later I showed Sky around the mansion, explaining what things were and where she can and can't go. Then it was time for dinner. Father only let me sit with him, though Sky was still allowed to eat. The chef came into my room and told me I was allowed to come down for dinner, and he brought her a plate of food and wished her a nice stay and luck that she didn't die.

That was a high point of the evening.

The rest was downhill, like every other night.

Finally I collapsed onto my bed.

"Goodnight!" I sighed. "Don't you dare touch my laptop."

"Goodnight."

"You can do your report now, my room's soundproof so that my father doesn't hear me working. And I deactivated the camera's years ago."

"Sure."

She started to get her stuff all set up and I fell asleep before I could hear the report.

Weeks went by and nothing really big happened, I tried to contact Supergirl a few times but she didn't answer.