Chapter fifty one

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

As I headed out to check on Loki I couldn't help but want to visit my dad at the upstate Avengers facility. I couldn't believe that the Avengers could be ripped apart, even to the point of fighting.

The rest of the team (plus a few of their superpowered friends) were staying at both facilities, and they all knew how hard this whole thing had been on our family.

Pepper runs the company, and while dad's away I'm the one that has to do the press conferences and such, plus I was helping Pepper a little bit with business.

Plus in all of the chaos it seemed the only person with their head still screwed on straight was Bruce, which terrified me.

Before this whole thing started I was looking into colleges. Some good ones too, that I could pay for with my own money. Sadly, I had to imagine what everyone's responses would be to me telling them what college I wanted to go to since they were all too caught up in everything to pay any attention to me. Which, in my experiences was fine with me, better the spotlight be somewhere else than on me.

I was caught off-guard by Loki in a green sweatshirt and jeans. His eyes were still sulken, his skin pale, and leaning on everything possible.

"These Midgardian clothes are... comfortable." He broke the silence, examining the green sweatshirt.

"Glad to hear that." I laughed. "Question: Can you still do illusions?"

"Yes, of course. Why?"

"Just making sure. What happened to you anyway? Why are you on Ear— Midgard?"

"It's a long story—"

"And I've got until they check up on me. Talk fast Loki."

"You do not need to know." He snarled.

"Oh getting defensive, I see! What was it? Trying to take over another world? Thor do something stupid? Oh! A girl?"

"You are surprisingly annoying for such a small midgardian."

"Your point?" I raised an eyebrow.

He stared at me then after a moment broke his gaze and sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Do they know I am here?"

"Not yet. You know, Thor's not even on Midgard."

"He isn't?"

I nodded.

"That's good. That's very good." He mumbled, pacing.

"Why is that good?" I eyed him. "Trying to take over the world?"

He let out a weak laugh. "No, I have not come to take over the world."

"Bummer, that gives me nothing to do."

"I can always cause some problems." He smirked.

"Hopefully there'll be no need for that. The Avengers, plus a few others, are fighting. I'm working on finding a peaceful way to stop them."

"Ah, the world's mightiest heroes, reduced to fighting? By whom?"

"I don't know yet. I'm trying to find something that'll stop them from fighting. I'm thinking a twitter picture war, we could get the civilians involved with the voting... Oh! The team's twitter account is still active." I began planning.

" 'Twitter'?" He eyed me. "Is that a Midgardian term for something?"

"I'm pretty sure we only have it here, I don't think Asgard has Twitter."

"Who is this 'Twitter'?"

"It's a website, and an app. Here, I'll show you." I stepped over to him and pulled out my phone.

I showed him everything I could before I got a call.

"Bruce?" I questioned, then glanced at Loki. "Sorry, I've got to take this."

He shrugged and took a step away.

"What's up?" I answered.

"Where are you?" He sounded terrified out of his mind, his words came out harsher than I expected.

"At Central Park, why?"

"Get away from there. Now—"

"Bruce, what's wrong? What's happening?"

"They're coming for you. I can't help or I might Hulk-out. Elizabeth you need to get away from there. Oh God, they're entering the park. Run Elizabeth! Run!"

"Who is?" I demanded.

"I think it's Hydra, I don't know. They have Supergirl. They're looking for you."