Turn it Around Pt.1

Who says running away has to be all bad? I 'ran away' to Los Angeles about 3 months ago and so far, so good. I'm happy. I'm free. I'm also a legal adult so nobody can drag me back to where I came from. 

That was my attitude about 6 months ago. Nothing matters, I can make it anywhere, blah blah blah. I failed miserably. I moved to LA with no plans, no ideas,just a dream, and like most dreams, mine stayed in my head. I couldn't accomplish anything that I set out to do. I don't have the connections to be a star, I don't  have the talent to be a musician...I don't have the looks to be a model. My whole life is in shambles. Were it not for my trustworthy friend Mark and his 'pal' Dark, I don't know what I'd do, or where I'd be...sometimes I wonder if I'd be. Morbid, I know, but still. I live with Mark, but make frequent trips to be with Dark. I like spending time with Mark because he's funny, sweet, and caring. I like spending time with Dark because there's something about him that I can't really put my finger on. He's a supernatural being which automatically gives him more cool points than most people can get on their own, but he's just...dark? I guess. Mark and I have been playing video games all day and I feel like falling apart. I don't really want to go home. It's not uncommon for me to spend the night over at Mark's. I do it often because I hate living alone. I just wish that there was some way to make things more permanent. "What's up (y/n)?" I looked over at Mark. "Nothing, why?" I asked, setting the controller down. "You look down. What's wrong? Homesick?" I wasn't, but I was...life sick I guess. I felt as if everyone was living better than me. "No...just kinda stuck in a rut." Mark cocked his head. "Are you okay?" he asked, touching my arm. "Yeah. I'll be okay. I just wish things would've worked out better." Mark knew what I meant. "Running out here was a big move. I'm sure you'll get adjusted. Why don't you spend the night here? It's already late." I looked outside. Sure enough, the sun was setting. I hadn't realized how long we had been playing. "Have we seriously been sitting here this long?" I asked, stretching. "I guess we have." Mark said, stumbling to stand up. "I've gotta dash out to my car. I have pajamas in my trunk...not that I was planning on staying tonight." I said, winking. "Ah huh, sure." Mark said, jokingly. "Well...I wasn't..." I said, walking out the front door and straight into Dark. I jumped a bit. "Hi." I said, brushing myself off. "Watch where you're walking, twat." "Watch where you're walking, dick." I poked him in the side. "Don't go there with me, punk." he warned. I stuck my tongue out. "How have you been, asshole?" I asked. "Fine. Just dropping by to see Mark for a bit. What are you doing here? Fucking?" I blushed deeply. Dark got a mischevious smirk on his face. "We weren't! I was playing video games...I am staying the night though." Dark raised his eyebrow. "Maybe I should stay too." He said, walking past me. I took a sharp inhale. I hoped he wasn't planning something. I grabbed my bag from my trunk and slipped back into the house. Per the norm, Dark was just talking to Mark, relatively disinterested in the conversation. I just walked away and changed my clothes. When I came back out, they were both looking me up and down and secretly, I liked it. I had always had a crush on Mark, but confessions were really not my thing. "You're not allowed to be so pretty." Mark teased. I blushed and looked over my shoulder at him. "Sorry!" I said. He walked over to me. "So what do you wanna do? Movies? More gaming?" I shrugged. "I don't care. I was just gonna go flop on your bed and charge my phone for a bit." Mark shrugged. "That works, let me know." Dark and Mark exchanged looks. I climbed the stairs and eavesdropped on their conversation. "So...want me to stay?" Dark asked. "Not really. You'll fuck everything up." Dark scoffed. "I don't fuck everything up. I fuck everything...because I'm good like that." Mark laughed. "You're gonna scare her off. Come on, man...let a real gentleman talk to her." "You? A gentleman? Fuck off with that. You're a total prettyboy." "Am not." "Are too." "Stop, I'm not 5 anymore." There was a pause. "Are too." Dark said. I giggled a bit. Those two were something else. They both stopped talking for a bit. I heard the stairs creaking. I bolted into Mark's room and pretended to be playing with my phone. Dark slipped in behind Mark. "We both want to...you know...with you...and we're wondering who you'd prefer." Dark said. Mark's mouth hung open. "(Y/N), you'll have to excuse him. He's kinda a dick..." I looked at both of them. "Seriously, I'm sorry. I have no control over him, we're pretty much opposites." Mark intentionally stepped on Dark's foot, and Dark hissed in response. "Both of you knock it off." I said, sitting up. "I heard you talking." Mark's face turned beet red and Dark's expression didn't change. I figured he didn't care. "Look. I have come to a decision and I pick..."

To be continued ;) Enjoy your cliffhanger.