Date Night(4pt1)

Stanley

Well it's the end of the day meaning detention

Well it's the end of the day meaning detention. Mom is suppose to be picking us up after. I got all my things together walking towards the library.

"Lele!" Julian came dropping his arm over my shoulders. "Where you off to?"

"Detention." I pouted.

"What no...who got my pookie in trouble?"

"No one I sorta got in the middle of a fight between Mona and Clare." I sigh as we turn the corner getting closer. "It's just for today so you don't have to take us home mom and dad are gonna pick us up."

"Nah I can wait for you I mean y'all. I can just do some drills in the gym." He shrugged.

"No it's ok we'll see you later for the fair."

Walking in two guys Mona and Clare were already here.

"Hello Stanley sorry to see you here...take a seat. You can read or listen to a book or do homework but no phones and no talking."

Nodding I sigh sitting at the same table Mona was at.

"Imma wait here for y'all." Julian said before leaving out.

We sat quietly for most of the time then the librarian went to do something and Clare started talking.

"Why was Julian so close to you? Your not even cute."

"Says the girl with a grapefruit knot on her head. Please stop talking to me." I sigh focusing back on my homework.

Mona had some headphones on listen to a book so I'm left dealing with the rat by myself.

"Hey aren't y'all like cousins or some shit?" One of the other two guys here turned facing me.

"Not technically...I'm adopted." He nodded shrugging.

"Sounds gross to me still. I had my eyes on him first so back the hell off."

Chuckling I shake my head.

"Laugh all you want in no time I'll have my best friend back and be with him you might as well just climb back into the crack house where you belong!"

"Clare sit now and a extra thirty minutes for you." The librarian said peaking back. "The rest of you may go."

Packing up my things I wake up Mona who fell asleep listening to her book. "Best...nap...ever." She yawned stretching. "You text mom we done our time?"

"No Julian said he'll take us home."

"Oh cool." She got her bag looking back at Clare.

"Extra time." I chuckled walking out.

"Serves her right. I swear I can't even believe this whole time she was just a snake."

I lead the way into the gym where Julian said he would be. Walking in he was dribbling the orange ball running around. He stood at one of those lines ready to shoot the ball.