Unwanted Guest(9)

Max

Walking around with my assistant checking on everything

Walking around with my assistant checking on everything. The doors are opening in six hours and shits flipping left and right. My DJ got arrested, my second in command chef I had to fire because he came in drunk, someone burnt half the rolls and then my mom is late coming in town. I'm flipping the fuck out!

"So the new DJ is on the line now he said he can be here a good amount of time before the event starts but his price is two hundred more than our last guy." She told me with a worried face.

"What that's ridiculous is he some kind of magician DJ...wait who changed the menu!?"

"Damn you stressing hard." Julian frowned.

"You don't know the half of it everything is just fucked up. Please go get the head chef I need to see him this second." My assistant nodded walking off. "Hurry up please!" She jogged into the kitchen.

"Anything I can help with?" Julian asked me.

"Uh you know any DJ that can work with $500 and can be here before eight?"

"I'm a teenager in my senior year of course I know a DJ. I'll call him up."

"Oh thank god he's good right I gotta have clean music not to much of that rap shit but some classy music."

"Yeah yeah he did our school dance don't worry he's dope." He nudged me walking off.

"You wanted to see me boss."

Turning I clench my jaw. Fixed one thing and comes another. "Yeah I'm looking at this menu that will be delivered her in just hours of the opening and the main course the dessert and starters all have been changed. I and my original second hand chose what would be served tonight."

"Yeah well I figured since I'm the new second in command I change a couple things that fit more what I prefer to make." He shrugged throwing his towel over his shoulder.

"And what made you think you have that kind of decision on the day of my event? This is my restaurant I hired you and suddenly because you got a pity raise you big and bad making changes and shit?"

I started getting up in his space when a hand gripped my arm.

"Please change back the menu to the original way and you...know your place there are hundreds of more qualified chefs that would love to be in your spot. If you value it make what was suppose to be made and don't get a head of yourself now get back to work please and thank you." My baby was here saving faces and life's with how I'm feeling. I sigh going to sit while she handled things. "Ok order more rolls to be delivered there are tables short of things so get someone on that."

"Baby everything is going wrong it's exactly what I was afraid of. I can't do this." I cover my face with my hands.

"Hey what the hell was that? I know your not trying to give up after working so hard investing so much time and money into your dream." She slapped my hands from my face. "Things are going wrong so what shit happens but your not about to punk out especially after I have a bomb ass plug. Baby so many people are gonna come and support you. Just shake it off."