Strike One(16)

Carlton

I won't up early this morning to make my family breakfast

I won't up early this morning to make my family breakfast. Believe it or not I'm trying here. Having both my girls upset with me is stressful plus my own son schooling me was a bit of a wake up sign.

"And the kiss up begins." Elias walks in. "Waffles huh good choice."

"Have you always been this much of a smart ass?" I put Rebecca plate on the tray with the cup of coffee and bowl of sliced pears.

"Yeah but you wouldn't know that." He smirked pouring himself a cup of juice.

"Look I get you upset or whatever but I'm still you father don't disrespect me boy."

Me being away is doing more than just having my family miss me. I'm starting to feel like a step dad. When all this album stuff is over they see it all was worth it. The long hours and all!

Before I start my way to my wife and I room my princess came down.

"Your here?"

"Yeah I live here don't I?" I pinch her cheek. Usually she would smile and blush.

"I don't know I thought you moved into your office." She walked by me.

"Ok you both need to cool it. I get it you don't like me working but I bet you do like your phones and clothes and living in this house. Someone has to pay for all of that stuff it doesn't just come for free!"

"Dad please don't try to make us look like over spoiled kids. You gave us most of this stuff we didn't ask for it." Amanda says picking at her food. "If it means you won't miss another of my shows you can have my phone and iPad....I just want my daddy back."

She pouts getting up walking off. Elias went after her leaving me alone. Taking the tray of food I go into our room seeing a empty bed.

"Yes I can meet you at my shop and we'll just work from there." Rebecca came out the closet putting on a watch. Seeing me and the food she ends the call. "What's this?"

"Breakfast. I wanted us to all eat together but the kids are in a mood." I say watching her sit in front of her make up stand thing.

"That happens when you abandon your kids for some island hoe."

"Rebecca-"

"Don't worry I'm not starting anything just stating a fact. I gotta leave but thanks for the thought...don't forget Julian first game is tonight everyone is going."

"Ok but uh I was thinking after all this album stuff is done we can go on some kind of family trip maybe Disney world or something. I wanna show you guys the benefit of all the long hours and me being absent to a few things."

"Sure Carlton I'll see you later."

She came kissing my head then strutting out. Her outfit was a little more over the top than usual but I'm sure she just wanted to look good.