Lieutenant Lila Yale, reporting

Thank you so much for coming across my story! I've been a Pacific Rim groupie since it's premiere! Everything about this movie and story makes my writer's side tingle happily :3. So here it is, the beginning of a heart-wrenching, chuckle filled and heart- warmimg story.

DISCLAIMER: I ONLY OWN MY TWIST ON THE MOVIE AND MY CHARACTER, PPDC LIEUTENANT LILA YALE! Everything else goes to Guillermo del Toro, Travis Beacham and all the amazing people that put the Pacific Rim world together!

I was dreaming.

About the most memorable day in history.

It was on my 14th birthday, August 10th, when the first Kaiju attack happened.

We all thought it was an earthquake, not a damn monster that came out of a portal created by two tectonic plates. Trespasser, as they named it, came out of the water and annihilated the Golden Gate bridge, several cities and 35 miles of homes and families.

I was supposed to be going back home to San Francisco the day after my birthday. I had spent the summer with my grandparents in Oregon. The Kaiju literally stomped on my childhood home, taking away all my worldly possessions and my parents. I moved in with my grandparents until they passed away, by that time I was about to turn eighteen.

The Jaeger program needed recruits, Rangers and Tech's alike to take on the Kaiju's anyway possible. I was signing my name on a recruit form at midnight on the day of my 18th birthday. I wanted to help anyway I could, I was tired of seeing the people around me die from these damn things.

I was slowly lulled from my flashing dream by the comm between Raleigh and I's bed. I shifted away from the flashing red to face the wall, wrapping back up in my blanket.

Gypsy Danger. Report to Bay 08. Level A-42. Kaiju, Codename Knifehead. Category 3-

"Yo, Yancy! Wake up! Movement in the Breach!" The repeative and annoyingly soft talking from the comm was nothing compared to Raleigh Becket waking up. He was a wrecking ball waiting to be unleashed.

I was about to sit up in my bed when I felt a thunk on the side frame before 180 pounds of pure muscle landed on to of me. The air whooshed from me and I gasped, smacking Rals' back as hard as I could in my half awake state.

"Sorry Lila." Raleigh shifted off me clumsily, planting a kiss in my hair before moving off me to smack his still sleeping brother awake.

"Seriously, Rals, you don't need to be so excited about this." I ground out sleepily, rubbing my eyes and stretching at the same time.

"Come on, were being deployed!" Rals continued to banter Yancy until the eldest brother moved to remove his brother's hands from his face.

"Right- Good Morning." Yancy mumbled, sitting up in the top bunk of their bunk bed.

"Kaiju's a Category 3." Both Yancy and I ignored Raleigh as we sent each other sleepy grins.

"Morning, Lila. Sleep well?" Yancy asked, rubbing the sleep from his face.

The three of us, Yancy, Raleigh and I, had been friends since we were in the Academy together. We instantly became friends after they saw me stick up for myself against the biggest recruit in the class. All three of us got our asses kicked that day, but we did it together. Ever since then, we've been inseparable.

When we were stationed to the Anchorage Shatterdome, I was roomed with a fellow female Jaeger Tech, who turned out to be extremely jealous of my bond with the Becket brothers. When she flipped out in the middle of the night and tried to strangle me in my sleep, she was discharged from the program and the boys demanded I'd be roomed with them.