Jury's back from Diliberation

Today has been such a crappy day! But you guys have yet again pulled me from my gloomy mood and into one of pure writer's happiness with these readers! Another 100 in 3 days?! You guys keep doing this, and I'm gonna run out of things to write ;). Just kidding, there's quite a bit left :P Special thanks to Just_Jade1, I love talking to you and learning we have so much in common! :D I hope this chapter feeds your eagerness for a new chapter Haha. ClaireHowatson, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) mistybella15, this might kill your feels again and for that I'm sorry XD. Crazyfor1D66, please enjoy this :). And LovinLifexx, your still kickass awesome, just sayin :3. Alright, please enjoy this everyone!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's awesome movie :)

“You really don‘t know how to stop working, do you?” I looked up from my work that was resting on my raised knees as Chuck walked into my room, closing the door behind him.

    “Hey.” I said, smiling.

    “Gipsy nearly crushes you and here you are, working on Cherno‘s mods.” He said, laughing slightly as he pulls a chair up beside my bed. I rest my schematic on my other side and shift my sore back more comfortably against my abundance of pillows.

    Thankfully, I hadn’t broken any ribs or punctured my lungs. But one of my ribs on my right side was splintered bad, it was closer to breaking than any of the others, hence the mandatory bed rest. He pulled his elbows to rest on his knees, keeping his hands raised to set his chin on with his fingers laced together.

    “You just missed the Wei Triplets, they loved there new blades and I asked them to drop it off at drafting so they can be ready tomorrow morning.” I pointed at the door at the mention of the Triplets.

    “Your not leaving this bed that early, are you?” Chuck asked worriedly.

    “There‘s a lot of work that needs to be done, Chuck.” I reasoned even toned.

    “So I‘ve heard.” He chimed, looking down at his clasped hands.

    “My dad told me you‘d be in at nightfall but I thought I‘d try my luck at Gipsy. When I walked up, you and Raleigh were talking-” He continued, stopping short to see my reaction.

    “What all did you hear?” I asked, feeling my haert pick up pace slightly.

    “Just that he was stepping aside so you could be happy and you were telling him to leave. Then that hunk of alloy shit started spazzing out and crushing you.” His hands wove through his hair and his pitch changed when he mentioned me getting hurt.

    “I couldn‘t stand there and let you get killed. I just reacted, the crowbar was leaning against the wall and I-” Chuck sounded like he was reliving a nightmare. I reached out my arm, touching his leg with a light touch, enough to stop him short and get his attention.

    “Thank you, Chuck.” I said gratefully, a smile on my face.

    “If you and Raleigh hadn‘t done that, I‘d been squished.” Chuck laughed lightly and I rose an eyebrow at him.

    “More like popped like a zit.” I scrunched my nose at his comment, swatting his arm.

    “Gross.” I laughed, causing a smile to rise on his lips.

    “Yea.” Chuck added, the conversation starting to lead no where.

    “Anyway, I was wondering, about us-” He suddenly said, sounding a little nervous.