Gypsy Danger's Fall

Now I know I said I do updates every Thursday but I was too excited to have you all read the next part. Even though I bawled writing this chapter, it had to happen.. RIP YANCY BECKET!! :(

DISCLAIMER IS IN THE FIRST CHAPTER!!! READ IT THERE!! JUST REMEMBER IEUTENANT LILA YALE IS MINE!!!! :3 Please Enjoy!!! 

“Alright, boys, let‘s do this.” I mumbled to myself, keeping an eye on the radar and the vitals.

    Zooming in on Gypsy and the Kaiju, the boat was a small dot compared to the others. It quickly registered with Gypsy’s signal, telling us they picked up the boat and shielded it from the Kaiju’s first strike.

    “The boat‘s been moved, sir.” I said as the boat’s signature moved about 10 meters away from the fighting zone.

    There wasn’t much action to be seen from the radar and vitals side. You couldn’t see the Kaiju attack or see the Jaeger land powerful blows but if the hydraulics in the fists went off, that meant they just dealt a powerful blow. Or if the Ranger’s vitals suddenly jump and the J-Techs shout out damages, then the Kaiju landed a hit.

    “What the-?!” There was a shockwave on the radar, then two more before the Kaiju’s signal went dark.

    “Discharge reading. Plasma cannon in the shallow region 7 miles off the coastal line.” Tendo called out. I started running scans to try and track the Kaiju’s body to have it harvested.

    “Gypsy, what the hell is going on?” Pentecost jumped on the mic once again, anger evident in his voice.

    “Job‘s done, sir. Lit it up twice. Bagged our 5th kill” Raleigh spoke breathless, sounding cocky and proud.

    “You disobeyed a direct order.” Pentecost roared, even more angry now.

    “Respectfully, sir. We intercepted a Kaiju and saved everyone on that boat.” Yancy tried to cool the situation but his short laugh at the end didn’t defuse the Marshall’s anger.

    “Get back to your post Now.” Oh yes, he was pissed.

    “Yes sir.” Raleigh just had to have the last word as he turned off his comms.

    “Kaiju signature rising.” Tendo jumped from his screen to another as he double checked.

    “What?” I rolled over to the monitor he was looking at and sure enough, there was the Kaiju’s signature, rising fast.

    “That thing‘s not dead, sir.” Before Pentecost could even reach his mic, I turned on my headset.

    “Boys, that Kaiju‘s still alive. Get the boat and get out of there now!” I instructed. When Gypsy’s signal didn’t budge, I felt anticipation grow and I quickly checked to make sure they still had communication with us.

    “Do you hear me? Get the boa-” I tried again but it was too late.

    The Kaiju jumped from the water and, by the sound of all the shouted damages at once, by surprise.

    “Shit!” I cursed, trying to reroute energy where needed as much as I could. A painful scream filled my ear and my blood froze in my veins.

    “L-left arm‘s gone cold.” I spoke out.

    Raleigh. The damn Kaiju had ripped Gypsy’s left arm off.

    “The Hull‘s been compromised!” I shouted, feeling my body start to shake in fear.