Words unspoken during a Double Event

Hello my lovelies! :D How are we this evening? I'm doing great, thanks for asking :3. I have waaay to much on my mind so of course the one thing that keeps me going in the right direction is writing, and what better topic to write on? :D Enjoy this one, it's a cute one for sure!! Thanks so much for all the comments and votes!! Your all so very awesome!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing movie.

  “Sir, you can‘t write Mako off, we need her in Gipsy for the Breach drop.”

    Now it was my turn to be in the Marshall’s office, trying to save what was left of Gipsy’s team. He had just dismissed Raleigh and a sobbing Mako and after Raleigh hastily told me what had happened, he went off to make sure Mako was alright.

    “You and Mr. Becket are still very much Drift Compatible.” The Marshall let his obvious irritation shine through his voice and gave me a cold stare but I stared him right back down.

    “You know as well as I do that I need to be in Glory when we do this drop. We can‘t afford to have your love for your adoptive daughter jeopardize everything.” His shoulder’s straightened and his gaze turned deadly. I had just struck a nerve I knew would get a reaction out of him and hopefully bring him to his senses.

    “I love Mako too, like a sister, but you can‘t just push her on the back burner when she needs to be on the front lines starting the fires.” I said, my own anger coming to the surface.

    “I‘m not saying anything else on the matter. You are to pilot Gipsy with Raleigh, you are dismissed.” Pentecost turned his back to me, walking as far away from me as he could.

    All I got out was a single syllable and the Marshall whipped around, faced me with an expression I’d never seen on his face before and his fists tight at his side.

    “Your dismissed!” He shouted, keeping his gaze on me as I slowly made my way out of the room.

    “Hey.” I didn’t jump at Raleigh’s voice, nor did I turn to him right away after closing the door and sealing it behind me.

    “Hey, how is she?” I croaked, still facing the door.

    “Pretty tore up. She just wants to do him proud.” I sighed, nodding and finally turning to him.

    His hands were buried deep in his pockets, boots kicking at invisible dust while he kept his eyes on the ground. I took a few steps forward and wrapped my arms around his middle. Rals happily hugged me back, kissing the top of my head.

    “Who‘s gonna pilot Gipsy with me then?” Raleigh asked.

    “That‘ll be me, toots.” I stated, pulling away slightly and grinning lightly at him.

    “Thank God, I didn‘t want to have to deal with one of those other guys.” I laughed, smacking his chest lightly as I moved from his grip, heading down the hallway with his hand in mine.

    “I hope he changes his mind about Mako. She needs this.” I stated, looking over at Raleigh who watched our entwined fingers as they swayed.

    “Yea.” He said absently.

    “Come on, let‘s go talk.” He piped up suddenly, pulling me off down towards the rooms.

    He tugged me into his room and sealed the door behind him. I took the time he was working on the door to look around his living space. It was sparce, just a small pile of military issue clothes and a large duffel bag in the corner, the same one he’d walked in with on day one. I smiled at the bittersweet memory.