Working and Dealing.. Again..

+500 readers means an update the day after update day!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! :D I'm so flabbergasted at how this is taking off, keep it going guys! Thanks LovinLifexx for the comment :) I hope this chapter helps enforce the Rals love we have :3 and mistybella15, you better stick around to see happy chapters that don't kill your feels! XD.. This is a heart wrenching chapter, so ready your tissues, I wrote this when I was feeling pain of my own. Please Enjoy!! :D LOVE YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing story :)  

Work. Work and more work.

    Did I mention there was work to be done? For it being the end of the world, I was extremely busy. The Wei triplet’s came to me while I was on a walk around the Dome. It was shortly after I left Raleigh in his room and I couldn’t stand to be cooped up in the small room that emanated out shared memories.

    The Triplets had a rough idea of a new blade modification they wanted done. It was just the kind of distraction I needed. I dove straight into the plans as soon as I made it back to my room.

    Three swift knocks came on the door, jolting me violently from my seat as my heart sunk back from where it jumped in my throat. I glanced up at the clock above the door. Dinner time.

    Straightening my appearance, I felt a small tug on my heart. A small part of me hoped Raleigh was standing outside that door to escort me. However, I knew better and I felt heavy guilt wash over me when I felt disappointed to see Chuck standing there.

    “Hey, babe, ready for some grub?” I returned his grin and leaned on the doorframe.

    “I‘ve just got to work on some mods that would be great on Crimson Typhoon, I‘ll get-” I was interrupted from my perfectly good excuse by Chuck lifting me onto his shoulder and taking off down the hallway with a confident stride.

    “Chuck Hansen, put me down!” I screeched, pummeling his back.

    “It‘s not healthy to skip meals, gorgeous.” He called over his shoulder.

    “Gotta keep that ass nice and round.” I yelped when he slapped said ass extremely hard.

    “Knock it off, dweeb!” I shouted, wiggling around even more now.

    “Then walk on your own or I‘m whop your ass all the way to the cafeteria.” He stopped as he finished his sentence.

    I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a loud huff. I felt the chuckle rumble through Chuck’s chest as he tightened his hold on my legs.

    “Fine, fine, dammit!” I caved.

    “That‘s a good girl.” Chuck cooed after he placed me down in front of him.

    He leaned down, cupping my cheek in his hand and aimed towards my lips. I happened to catch a blue sweatered person in the distance and I stopped the kiss just short when I recognized the person. Chuck felt me pull back and turned to see who I was looking at.

    Raleigh had his hands balled into tight fists at his side and looked like he was about to murder someone. His gaze stayed firm on Chuck until he took a deep breath, closed his eyes and when he opened them, bore them straight into my soul.

    “Try to keep up, Ray!” Chuck called and I barely felt him wrap his arm around my waist and try to pull me away.

    “Be nice, Chuck.” I mumbled, holding out my hand to Raleigh. He was several feet away but he knew it was my silent way of inviting him to walk with us.