Memories and Kisses <3

Oh, yes, my lovely readers, you've read the title right.. KISSES IN THIS CHAPTER!!! :D :D :D But with who I wonder? Hmmm.. READ AND FIND OUT!! XD. Thanks to all those who commented! I love you guys soo much!!! Your all the best readers a girl could ever have :) I'm so excited with how this story has taken off! :D Alright, I won't keep you waiting, please enjoy!!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's awesome movie :)

“You felt that, right?” Rals voice ripped me from my dark, painful thoughts.

    He’d finally caught up to me after I bolted from the practice room. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and forget how well the two of us moved around each other, like yin and yang. Like we used to when we jockeyed before. Like the last five years of absence hadn‘t even happened.

    Raleigh stopped me just short of my room with a touch on my arm just before I was opening the door. I hadn’t realized my who body was shaking until his hand stilled me.

    “Were still Drift Compatible.” I turned from the door and met his eyes, nodding slightly.

    “What‘s his problem, then?” He grumbled as he watched me open my door.

    I took a deep breath, swinging the door open and taking in my space of things before turning back to Rals. I had to tell him. Tell him about my Jaeger experience in depth. The real reason why I believe the Marshall was keeping me held back.

    “You got a second?” I asked, taking a step inside. Rals smiled slightly and walked in after me.

    “I have two hours to blow, remember?” He joked.

    “Right.” I chuckled, turning around to face him as I watched him take in the expanse of my room.

    “You‘ve made it homey, huh?” His gaze looked over every wall that was covered in pictures. While he was distracted with the pictures, I picked up a discarded sweater and threw it in the corner by the bathroom door.

    “Gotta make do with what your given, right?” I moved to the bunk bed, taking a seat on the ground, patting the spot beside me.

    Raleigh threw on his sweater as he took a seat next to me. So close to me that I could feel his body heat and smell his manly scent. 

    “Right.” He nodded, still looking around the room.

    “I was wondering what happened to all my sweaters when I went back to get them.” He laughed, spotting the large neatly folded piles of sweaters. I still piled them in their own separate piles. One pile had mine, another Yancy’s and another for Raleigh’s.

    “You came-.. That‘s why the Marshall sent me off to Sydney.” Laughing incredulously, I shook my head before leaning it back to set on the mattress.

    “He really didn‘t want us to see each other.” Raleigh said quietly.

    “He knows if I‘d known you were alive, I drop everything to go with you.” I looked over at him from my leaned position to see him looking ahead, an even look on his face.

    “Then I‘m glad he kept it from you.” I jerked up to protest but Raleigh stopped me.

    “Lila, you’re the best hope we have. Your crazy good with Jaegers, which makes us, as Rangers, crazy good at kicking Kaiju ass. I wouldn‘t want you to stop being badass just to come drag my butt out of the fog.” He admitted, looking down at his hands.

    “But I needed you, Rals.” I whispered.

    “I know.” He turned to face me, placing his hand on my knee. I slid my hand on top of his and he moved his wrist to grab ahold of my hand tightly.

    “So your picture wall has grown.” Clearing his throat, Raleigh motioned to the rest of the room.

    “That‘s something else I wanted to show you.” I said, rising from my seat to stand in front of the wall directly in front of us.

    “This is my wall.” I stated, placing my hand on the wall.

    I’d done some picture moving around in my weeks worth of bed rest. All the spaced out, haphazard placing of pictures was, for some reason, driving me up a wall. Maybe I just needed something to do. I ended up taking every single one of them down and moving them to two walls only.

    Most of my pictures hung on one wall, edge to edge. They made a beautiful, memorable mural. The ones of scenery were near the ceiling while the ones of people were integrated towards the bottom. A mixture of the Beckett’s and the Hansen’s shared my wall.

    “What about those ones?” Raleigh asked after I moved to sit beside him.

    I looked over at him to see his head leaned back, staring at the bottom of the top bunk. I followed his gaze to my personal collection of favored pictures.

    “My all time favorites.” I dunked my head as Rals threw his body onto my bed, resting his head comfortably on my pillow to get a better look at the pictures.

    He traced Yancy’s face in all his pictures, reminiscing on the memories they held. When he came across the one of us and stopped with his finger on my tear eyed chin, a grin on his face as he looked over at me.

    “That one is still your favorite?” He asked, holding my gaze with his own.

    “Well, sure, why not?” I smiled, tucking my legs under me as I rested my chin on his arm.

    “Just surprised, happy actually.” He admitted, looking back up at the picture with a genuine, heart melting smile on his face.

    Laying on my bed, looking at my pictures, he looked at peace. Looked like the Raleigh Beckett from Anchorage that had taken every piece of me when he left. I hated ruining that by telling him my news but, I couldn’t keep it from him forever. It wasn’t fair of me to keep it from him in the first place.

    “Raleigh-” I sighed, my tone changing completely from earlier.

    “Before you start, I gotta say something.” Raleigh interrupted.

    He moved back on the mattress, patting where half of his body had just been. I didn’t hesitate to move into the bed beside him. We were both propped up on our elbows, facing each other. Raleigh didn’t meet my eyes as he cleared his throat, shifted slightly and rested a hand on mine that was sitting comfortably between us.

    “Since the second I saw you walk around Striker Eureka‘s foot to see Mako, that bright and welcoming smile. Those curls bouncing wildly and your little body covered up by one of my sweaters, I‘ve wanted to kiss you.” He met my stormy eyes at his last comment.

    My heartbeat sped up, heat flushed my ears and I could feel my whole body hum with happiness. Raleigh picked up my hand his was resting on and moved it to his lips, giving it a few pecks.

    “And not these little pecks I‘ve handed out since the we graduated. But a real kiss. Like when we figured out we were Drift Compatible.” I couldn’t move as Raleigh released my hand and moved it around my waist, pulling me against him.

    “I‘ve had this mega-huge crush on you since you stood up to Eddie Braxton on our first day at the Academy.” I laughed a little, shaking my head incuriously.

    “I always forget his name.” I mumbled as Raleigh leaned closer, a smile on his face.

    “Lillianna Bailey Yale, I haven‘t forgotten yours.” He whispered huskily, his lips millimeters from mine.

    “No you haven‘t.” My voice was getting harder and harder to find as I soaked in every part of Raleigh I could.

    “Ra-” I was silenced by his finger pressed against my tingling lips.

    “I really like you, Lila.” I smiled against his finger and the smile that graced Raleigh’s face was a mirror of my own.

    “I like you too, Rals.” I muttered, giggling just a little.

    “Since the second I laid eyes on you when you were taking on-” He stopped himself, his train of though gone.

    “Eddie Braxton.” I finished for him, laughing as he rolled his eyes at me.

    “Yea, that guy.” Raleigh laughed.

    “Taking on that guy was stupid but, you handled yourself like a champ. You would have been just fine if he hadn‘t started swinging. It was my idea to come help you, you know?” I rolled my own eyes as my hand found it’s way to his cheek, rubbing my thumb against his slight stubble.

    “Something tells me it was a joint agreement.” Raleigh smiled and I felt all the muscles in his face react to the action.

    “Yea, Yancy liked you instantly too.” He admitted.

    “Not quite like I did, but he adored you all the same.” Raleigh moved his hand under my chin, making me meet his eyes.

    “Raleigh-” I breathed, watching his eyes gaze at my lips as they spoke his name.

    “I‘ve liked you for just as long. I‘ve never stopped. And I never will.” His eyes flashed back up to mine and ever so slowly, his lips dipped back down to mine.

    Again, my whole body hummed as my arms moved around his neck and his tightened me closer to him. The only part of us that hadn’t touched was our lips, the one part I had dreamed about for years.

    With one last asking look, he touched his lips to mine. My eyes fluttered closed as I returned the kiss. It was slow, full of longing and painful absence. It was more than I ever could have imagined. My whole body was a sizzling fire pit of coals, burning low and unforgiving as his hand moved up my back and played with one of my many curls.

    When I felt his tongue on my lip and I moaned, letting him explore my mouth as he pulled me even closer to him, nearly pulling all the breath from my lungs as he moved his lips against mine. I felt that kiss in every crevice of my body and it ignited feelings I never thought I’d have for someone again.

    After our lips parted, we didn’t move far from each other. Forehead against forehead, we stared into each other’s eyes with matching soft smiles on our faces. Raleigh leaned back slightly, running a hand through my hair and watching it flow easily through his fingers.

    “What did you want to tell me?” He asked softly.

    “That‘s not important right now.” I mumbled, pushing away the thought and cuddling into his chest hiding my face in his neck.

    “Are you sure?” He questioned, laying on his back as I curled up against him.

    One of his arms went around my shoulder while the other rested on my cheek, playing with my hair some more.

    “I missed this.” I felt my eyes grow heavy as I yawned. Raleigh pressed my head down lightly against his shoulder and moved me closer to him.

    Using his feet, he kicked up the blanket at the foot of my bed and covered us with it. He chuckled when he found the huge bleach spot on it. It had been his blanket from Anchorage,  I’d accidentally knocked a gallon of bleach all over his clothes and his favorite blanket had caught the brunt of it.

    “I missed you.” He whispered into my hair, pressing kisses on my head and humming my favorite song softly. I sang along in my head as I slowly fell asleep.

    'Cause all of me
    Loves all of you
    Love your curves and all your edges
    All your perfect imperfections
    Give your all to me
    I'll give my all to you
    You're my end and my beginning
    Even when I lose I'm winning
    'Cause I give you all of me
    And you give me all of you, oh

HOW CUTE WAS THIS CHAPTER!!! I was fangirl gushing the whole time I was writing it!! XD Love you guys! And don't forget to rate, comment and vote!! Thankies!! :3