TAKING BACK THE WORLD!!

Ladies and gents, this is it. The conclusion to the Pacific Rim story you've all come to know and love! This, however, is NOT the final chapter! I have a little treat in store for you all so just stick around a little longer and you'll get an even perfecter (Is that even a word? Oh well, it is now XD,) ending ;). I can't express how amazing this has been for, not only me to write, but to get all the great feedback that I've gotten from it. You all are A++ readers and I love you all!!! :D. But I want to thank once again, and forever and ever, the amazing MistyBella15. She is a great motivator and an awesome person to bounce ideas off of, just an all around great lady for sure! And Marimar2028 for being a great listener and friend, even outside of gushing about Pacific Rim stuff! Alright, suck up the tears and let's get reading, I won't hold you up any longer! ENJOYYY!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing story. ENJOY!

“LOCCENT, we have the Kaiju carcass, were heading for the Breach.” Raleigh grunted through the headset as I continued to drag the bleeding half of the Kaiju.

“You guys better be right because one way or another, were getting this thing done.” He continued, moving in sync with me as we did everything we could to keep going.

Even limping on one leg, we were making it to that damn portal if we had to dig our chins through the murky sea floor. The determination that flowed through me and Raleigh made our already rock solid bond turn to hardened titanium. Nothing could break our resolve now.

We were just a few steps from the edge when suddenly, out jumped a large alien body from the Breach. There was no way to tell if it was a new enemy or a survivor of the nuclear explosion from all the damages done to the Conn-Pod.

“Raleigh!” I shouted, seeing him nod his head in recognition as he reached up to flick a few switches. I kept my eye on what I could register of the beast in front of us.

“On my count, rear jets!” Raleigh yelled to me, calling over the shrill sirens on the inside of the hull that were listing countless injuries to said hull.

With a simple countdown, we initiated the jets at the same time and launched ourselves straight into the Kaiju. Our weight slammed against the monster and threw us both back into the Breach. When I felt the only arm we had hit flesh, I reengaged the sword and grinned as it sliced straight through the Kaiju’s back, effectively latching it to us. We needed some way to get into the Breach.

“Hold onto him, Lila!” My co-pilot encouraged as I kept my arm locked tightly to where it was at.

Just as I thought that I had a good enough hold, the first blow from the Kaiju came at our back, a sharp pierce from one of it’s tentacles. It made me gasp and lunge forward, but I kept the blade in as far as I could. Blow after blow came, knocking my oxygen tank loose and lowering my air drastically. I found myself fighting to hold on while keeping what air I had in my lungs.

“Hold on, babe. I’m gonna fry this son of a bitch!” Raleigh roared, activating the turbine engine in Gipsy’s chest. It sent several feet of pure fire shooting out of the nuclear core and straight into the Kaiju I was still gripping with everything I had.

Once the heat hit it, the Kaiju tried to pry itself from me with no such luck. Several shrill screams later, the beast lay motionless, still held to us with the blade. Just as we killed it, electrical sparks started flying around in the hull. With gasping breaths, I looked over at Raleigh. He looked just as exhausted as I did and flashed me a slight smile. I would have returned it if I hadn’t been trying to get more air.

Everything electrical quickly shut down and almost all of the controls went dark. That’s when I knew that we had entered the Breach and were floating around in the Anteverse. I relaxed my body, letting the blade retract as we slowly started sinking: more slowly than if we were in water.