Too Old...

Sean rolled his eyes. "You don't need those." He said.

Owen checked his reflection in the mirror. "I know. But they make me look older so, why not?"

"Because when you wear them, you become very stuffy." Sean said flatly. He shifted from where he was sitting on the couch. "We have a team now. But you seriously kill it all because you insist on them calling you Mr. Blackbourne. How do you expect us to really become a family?"

"Someone has to lead. Are you saying you want to lead?"

"No, we agreed that you are the one most suited to leading." Sean said with a slight incline of his head. "But you are taking this way overboard."

Owen looked down at the suit he was wearing. "I am?"

"Yes, my hopelessly clueless friend." Sean threw a pillow at him. "You're 13... they're 10... they think it's a joke right now and are calling you Mr. Blackbourne because it's funny. I just don't think you need the suit and glasses right now. Can't you wait two years until we get the chance to take them to camp?"

"What are we going to do with them for two years?"

Sean shrugged and huffed a sigh. "I don't know. I'm not the team leader, shouldn't you check with Dr. Roberts about something to do with them?"

"I suppose I can consult." Owen said thoughtfully, pushing the edge of the glasses to adjust them on his nose.

Sean barked a laugh. "You're even talking older. You've got to tone it down or you'll be the first 40 year old man in a 19 year old body at this rate. Chill, Owen. Don't make me go feed you a candy bar again."

Owen rolled his eyes. "Oh the horrors... candy bars." He scoffed. "I suppose checking with Dr. Roberts is wise, I mean, sure, it may result in protecting playground kids from bullies or helping younger kids with homework, right?"

"Sure." Sean responded. "And I think they already have a few ideas of their own." He said, running a hand over his hair, smoothing the curls. Owen raised an eyebrow at him. "Helping the twins that are diabetic... righting wrongs in the grade books. They see more at their school than the teachers do. Since we have to finish out the year there, maybe we should just talk to them about things they can do."

"Good idea, Sean." Owen nodded. "Family meeting then somewhere that we can all get to easily." He frowned slightly.

Sean grinned. "Corner of the playground, tomorrow at lunch recess it is." He shrugged.

"Sounds like a plan." Owen smiled before tilting his head to look in the mirror again. "You really think the glasses are too much? Because I do like looking older..."

Sean got up and clapped a hand on Owen's shoulder. "I know. But yes." He nodded seriously. "They make you old."

"Good."

(Fade...)