Tea Party

"Are Luke and Gabriel coming over today?"

"No. Go away Jessica. We're busy." Kota snapped at his 8 year old sister.

She scowled at him. "You're always busy." She retorted, a frown marring her face as she looked at Kota and Nathan. "I never even get to go swimming anymore."

A flash of dismay passed between the boys. "Sorry, Jess." Nathan ventured, a hesitation in his voice.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." She told him flatly before turning to go.

Kota exchanged another glance with Nathan. "Jess... wait. Why do you want to know if they're coming over?"

She turned halfway towards them, her lower lip pouting out. "They still play with me." She huffed at him, her arms wrapping around her middle as she hugged herself. "You don't. It's like I don't even exist anymore." Her shoulders slumped slightly and she gave him a searching look, her gaze flashing over to look at Nathan. "But it's okay. I can have a tea party on my own anyway." She said softly before she went into her room.

Kota looked at Nathan for a long moment and then looked at his watch. "We DO Have a little time." He said, feeling bad about how his sister was feeling lately. He knew things had changed over the last two years and there were more changes coming for his Academy family.

Nathan nodded. "Mr. B is supposed to be back with Luke's brother in a couple hours. Luke, Gabriel and Silas are meeting them." He said.

"Victor's on his way, but..." Kota shrugged.

"We have time." Nathan finished. Kota nodded and headed to the kitchen to collect chocolate chip cookies and some milk for the three of them while Nathan ventured into Jessica's room to help her set up for a tea party.

***

It was about an hour later, when Victor let himself into the house, hearing laughter from Jessica's room. He peeked around the corner, smothering his laughter at the sight of Kota and Nathan, decked out with hot pink feather boas and tutu's... sparkly tiaras perched on top of their hair as they shared milk and cookies with Jessica. He managed to get a few dozen pictures and a five minute video before Jessica noticed he was in the doorway. Her face brightened and she got up from the table to drag him into the room.

"Victor, you're here!" She beamed at him before plopping a top hat down on his head and splitting the rest of her cookies with him.

Kota and Nathan glared at him, under the glitter of their tiara's while he smirked and nibbled a bite of his cookies as he started to talk with Jessica about her day... as dictated by the polite society rules of proper tea party conversation topics.

(Fade...)